Mk2 cupra GTI sport track car build

Ian76

Apr 17, 2019
Hi all , so just brought a 1999 cupra sport GTI to convert into a track car:flag: so as suggested I'm going to start a build thread as it comes along over the next few weeks showing what I have done ,I'm building my own roll cage and setting up hope this helps people learn from my mistakes:dance: here some first pics of it stripped out:drive2:as soon as I learn as to host elsewhere as its days to big to post here

Ian76

Apr 17, 2019
I'll keep adding pics now found out how to:banghead2
hgvR3JZ

Ian76

Apr 17, 2019
Gona stick with the 2.0 16v it has in, that's the largest i can run in the series I'm hoping to race in when its finished .good base engine to mod and tune. Should be up to the challenge

Ian76

Apr 17, 2019
No it has to be naturally aspirated.
I have a full interior1999 cupra sport GTIexcept drivers seat which is damaged for FREE!!all door cards plastics rear seats passenger seat if someone wants it ,need the space would be a shame to tip them tried to post in for sale but cant yet:(

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
No it has to be naturally aspirated.
I have a full interior1999 cupra sport GTIexcept drivers seat which is damaged for FREE!!all door cards plastics rear seats passenger seat if someone wants it ,need the space would be a shame to tip them tried to post in for sale but cant yet:(
Ye you've to send so many msgs before you can post ads. Think its 50. Keep posting pics of your car.

Ian76

Apr 17, 2019
Finally got front and rear cage bent and put in place next for roof bars and rear parts

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.