Mk2 leon cupra, what's it worth?

Ash5314

May 30, 2016
Hampshire
I am the third owner of this vehicle which was bought off Allan from this forum.
It’s only covered 70K miles since new. Mileage will increase slightly until sold but will be minimal.

This car was purchased with the cup splitter, Bilstein suspension and Sachs organic clutch plate already fitted. I have pretty much modified the car to the below spec and it has been well maintained and looked after, no matter what the cost.
The modifications have nearly all been undertaken by Awesome GTI and any inspection is welcome.

I have over 12K in receipts (not including car purchase price) and much more has been spent.

I am not in a hurry for a quick sale and am hoping a fellow member will purchase this car. Despite it’s modifications and age this car is very well looked after and will save you literally thousands.
If you wanted to buy standard (few examples on the forum for 7K - 8K) and eventually go the Stage 2+ route. Pretty much everything has been done to the car except for WMI and a diff.

The car is usual Leon Cupra spec.

Factory Bi-Xenon Headlights, ABS, Dual Climate Control, Alarm, Central Locking, Power Steering, Air bags Galore, Bucket Seats etc…

The major modifications are as below:

ECU Remapped with APR Stage 2+ Software v3.4 (350+ BHP/ft lb Torque)
Switchable maps via the cruise control (Stock Power, 95 Ron, 98 Ron, Valet mode)
3" PipeWerx Full Turbo Back Exhaust with 200 Cell Sports Cat
Sachs Sintered Paddle Clutch and single mass flywheel (Replaced upgraded organic plate that came with the car)
APR High Pressure Fuel Pump
Bilstein B12 Pro Shocks and Springs Kit
Airtech Stage 2 Black Intercooler
ITG Maxogen Induction Kit
GFB+ Divertor Valve
Full THS Performance Engine Mounts
Whiteline Antil Roll Bars - Front and Rear
Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit
Whitleline adjustable drop links
Powerflex Polybushes (All bushes replaced that can be)
Forge Short Shifter
Forge Throttle Body Hose
Forge DV to Intake Return Hose
Cup Front Splitter
Team Dynamics 1.2 Gloss Black Wheels with Michelin PS4s Front and Michelin PS3 Rear
Tarox corsa pads with Ecliptically Grooved Discs
Rbf600 fluid
Hel Black Braided Brake Hoses
Dectane LED Rear Lights – (Rewired to fully meet UK MOT requirements)

Other miscellaneous modifications:

JVC MP3 CD Player with USB
Gloss Black Vinyl Roof and Seat Badges
Metallic Grey Vinyl Interior Door Handles
Rear Plate Trim Painted Gloss Black
Audi TT Engine Cover
Autogauge Smoked Boost Gauge in Nomad Pod
Tinted Windows
Heko Wind Deflectors
OEM Facelift Rear Wiper
OEM Plastic Battery Cover
OEM Leon Mats with Custom Heelplate
Seat Sport Alu Gear Knob
Seat Sport Alu Handbrake Cover
Alu Dead Pedal
Carbon Cupra Door Sill Covers
Smoked Side Indicators
Interior LED Lights
Boot Pop Mod
Stubby Aerial
Black Hazard Button
Black Coolant and Washer Bottle Caps
Boot Liner

The car has had the following minor issues during my ownership:

ABS G201 error light – Common fault for older cars - Sorted by SEAT UK outside of warranty period, for free.
Drivers seat air bag light hard wired - Due to common connector issue.
Tandem pump seal leaking – Replaced seal.
Both rear handbrake cables replaced Feb 16 – Slightly sticking so had them replaced.
Both rear brake calipers replaced Dec last year – One had a slightly sticking piston but replaced them both to match with official OEM items.

The car has been serviced as below:

10K Service - 06/03/2008 - 06695 Miles
20K Service - 02/02/2009 - 12252 Miles
30K Service - 11/02/2010 - 13201 Miles
40K Service - 03/02/2011 - 25815 Miles (Cambelt Replaced)
50K Service - 09/02/2012 - 31627 Miles
60K Service - 18/02/2013 - 34648 Miles
70K Service - 17/02/2014 - 38783 Miles
80K Service - 18/02/2015 - 40940 Miles (Cambelt Replaced)
90K Service - 29/12/2015 - 44384 Miles (Couple of months early due to rear caliper replacements)
From 45k to current it has been serviced my myself religiously ever 6k miles

Basically was wondering how much this is worth as I may sell for a more track oriented car
Thanks
Ash

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I'll give you 3K for it :D

GLWTS, if you looked after it as well as me and Steve it should fetch top money.

Last edited:

Ash5314

May 30, 2016
Hampshire
Very much so, it's washed and waxed every Friday, Serviced every 5-6k. It's never skipped a beat, done track days been to the ring. Splashed them all. Only seeing what's about because I can't afford KW v3s. It'll probably be the biggest mistake I ever make if I do let it go lol

Ash5314

May 30, 2016
Hampshire
Also you should have put a single mass flywheel in it, it's the best thing that's ever happened to the car. Changed it completely, so amazing to drive now. If you're ever down here I'll let out take it for a spin

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I debated the SMF for a long time when replacing the Sintered paddle.
People put me off with tales of more noise and vibration.
Just get the KW's, you know you want to.

Ash5314

May 30, 2016
Hampshire
It rattles a tad when in neutral, but if you're on the clutch or in gear it's fine. Don't notice any vibration at all, it really did change how the car drives. I do want to get the KWs and I would drive to awesome tomorrow if I had the money, but I don't lol

How's the 63

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Brutal lol just waiting on a new tune update (2 weeks or so) and it will be running about 450-460 rwhp :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise