Mk2 Leon WET SEATS AND CARPET

Nov 7, 2020
I have a 2008 mk2 seat Leon and water is getting in and I have no idea from where. First I noticed the back seats were quite damp and then started noticing more things. The carpet below the seats is always damp and even the upholstery on the doors are always damp. Just today realised the drivers seat is now wet and the driver door also. I power hosed the car to see if any water came in and I saw a small bit come into the boot but nothing that looks like it could soak the whole car.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks.

Ghostface

Feb 26, 2020
Check seals around the doors are intact, check all door drainage holes are clear so it's not building up with water in your doors.
Check your rear wiper washer works its possible for the pipe to come off and leak all into the boot and possibly the back. Also possible for issues from the front scuttle under the window/pollen filter to allow water in from either blockages or something like a dodgy seal. Not experienced anything of the sort but come across a few threads where people have and not found any fix solutions just suggestions. Good luck and if you find the issue you should update the thread for fellow owners in your predicament.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Yeah what Ghostface said.

When you open the back doors after it's been raining you should see a lot of water pour out from the bottom of the door, if that doesn't happen the hole could be blocked and then getting in to the car somehow. Or just get under the dorrs have have a decent look anyway.

Nov 7, 2020
Thanks for the reply’s, I have checked the door seals and they look fine, the drainage holes in the door are all fine too. A good bit of water comes out when I open the door.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.