Mk3 2014 Leon FR ST Battery draining

muso1984

Jan 16, 2016
Hi everyone,

This is my first post as I've just bought a Seat Leon FR ST 2014 back in December. Unfortunately after less than two days it developed a battery not charging fault and then threw a plethora of other codes due to the low battery. So I took it back to the dealer who took over a month to "test all the wires" then work out it was the alternator and finally change both the alternator and battery.

I've now had the car back for less than a week and it's suddenly showing the same thing!
I also noticed that the steering got really heavy during some low speed manoeuvres just before hand.

However the warning light didn't come up after stopping and restarting the car. If it comes up again tomorrow then I'm taking it back in, as its in warranty. But just wondered if anyone has experienced a similar problem?

Thanks

Ritchie

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
a month to diagnose the fault?
and get it wrong?
your dealer is taking the mick. I'd complain to Seat Customer Service about this.
Go to another dealer - as it's in warranty any of them will fix it.
and good luck....

muso1984

Jan 16, 2016
Sorted!

It's all been sorted now!

I took it in and they found that "one of the earthing straps" had worn through and was touching the body work, this is what was causing all the problems.

Been driving it for the last few weeks and everything has been perfect.

Might get on the SEAT and describe my experience to see if I can get a Nav update or something to compensate me for what I believe to be very slow work.

Thanks for the reply though!

Ritchie

Deleted member 98136

Might be nice if the location of the offending "earthing strap" that was causing the problem was identified, then us other members could check ours.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise