Mk3.5 FR twin exhaust options

Wilto

Mar 5, 2021
South Wales
Hello all you knowledge people, I'm looking to change my exhaust from the standard twin pipe single exit, to single pipe twin exit as in the cupra.
I'm not bothered about power or sound gains, just rather the twin exit set up ( had a custom made exhaust system with twin exits on my Focus)
Will the back box off a cupra be a straight swap, as I think this would be the cheapest option.
If someone can point me in the right direction with regards to suitable options and also what rear valance to get for it to be possible
Thanks in advance, Chris.

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
As Cal said, you do have to cut out some bits from the bottom end of the bumper, not bits you'll see mind. I had a custom system made up and fitted so not sure about a straight swap with a cupra system, the diameters may be different.

I had the Maxton valance made for the facelift cupra fitted. I have a facelift model and the old valance has some torx screws either end, 2 in the middle and then clips out from the bumper so replacing it with a different one is trivial. Not sure on the pre-facelift but think they are permanently stuck on.

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Doesn't the FR have a different axle than the CUPRA? (Torsion bar versus Multilink). I guess that would make the exhaust trajectory slightly different.

Wilto

Mar 5, 2021
South Wales
As Cal said, you do have to cut out some bits from the bottom end of the bumper, not bits you'll see mind. I had a custom system made up and fitted so not sure about a straight swap with a cupra system, the diameters may be different.

I had the Maxton valance made for the facelift cupra fitted. I have a facelift model and the old valance has some torx screws either end, 2 in the middle and then clips out from the bumper so replacing it with a different one is trivial. Not sure on the pre-facelift but think they are permanently stuck on.
Cheers lozzy,
I also have the facelift. did you have a full custom exhaust, or just rear pipes?
when I had my custom exhaust system made for my Focus, I was asked how loud I wanted it, loud, medium or quiet, I went for medium but if I go down that route again I'll probably go for quite. I payed £450 for a cat back system about 5 years ago so not sure how much a system for my Leon FR would cost.
The exhaust and maybe a remap are probably 🤣 the only mods I will do to the car as I'm more than happy with it, oh and I wouldn't mind a bigger roof spoiler.

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
mAAAAgF11-A-960.jpg

Here's my mk3.5 FR ST

Reactions: Wilto

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Yes you're probably right there, I have been trying to find some images of both cars to compare the routeing.
Depends which engine you have in the FR. The higher powered FR's have the same independent suspension as the Cupra, just softer taller springs and standard shocks.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise