Mk4 cupra leon - fault: damper

Jul 26, 2023
Hello all,

I joined this group a few minutes ago because im not sure who to ask about an issue thats happened maybe 20 minutes ago.

Ive had my 23 plate cupra leon ehybrid 249bhp since mid march this year, it had driven beautifully the entire time and i havent had any issues with it whatsoever. But driving home from work, i had “fault: damper” pop up on my dashboard, i have no idea why it would pop up. Even after it came up, the car drove exactly the same; I couldn’t find any difference in ride quality which has gotten me extremely confused. I was just cruising down a smooth A road at 70 mph when it popped up, once I got home I turned off the car and restarted it a few times and it keeps popping up. Ive had a look on the diagnostics on my phone (not on the car, I couldn’t find it) and it said the car was in perfect working order and didn’t mention anything about the dampers. Is this a common fault and would the repairs be covered by the warranty? And should I contact the dealership before i do anything else?

Thank you for taking the time to look at the post!
Many thanks
Harry

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
I guess you have DCC? Without plug in to diagnostic I wouldn't be sure exactly what to do. Warranty claim for you on this one

Jul 26, 2023
Back to the dealer…. Don’t start screwing with it in case they try to blame you for the fault.
Ive phoned the dealership and its booked in to be “assessed” at the end of September! Apparently its a something to do with the computer to switch it from eco to sport mode, so i can put it into sport but the suspension will not change. Bit of a bummer.

Jul 26, 2023
I guess you have DCC? Without plug in to diagnostic I wouldn't be sure exactly what to do. Warranty claim for you on this one
Whats Dcc? I dont have any way to run a diagnostic check on the car unfortunately but i called the dealership and they said its still drivable but its a connection issue to switch the car from eco mode to sport, so the car will not change suspension settings until it goes in for an inspection at the end of September!

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Dynamic Chassis Control basically changing your suspension hardness.

Regards the appointment with SEAT is a big shambles

Jul 26, 2023
Oh yeah it does have that, it came as standard.
Yeah its a piss take to be honest

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.