Mk4 FR Detail

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
First off, gave the car the once over with Autosmart G101, followed by Autosmart Fallout Remover:
ezu5anes.jpg

Wheels were sprayed with Autosmart Smart Wheels and left to dwell 5 minutes or so:
qugy4yny.jpg

After being rinsed off:
unamu9em.jpg

re2evaje.jpg

Still plenty to do though...
6yqu9yju.jpg

usydamar.jpg

They were both easily dealt with by Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover, which is pretty versatile when it comes to insect removal and the like as well.

Out comes the clay:
y3eqasa4.jpg

Bonnet after just being clayed:
8ygazype.jpg

Found a couple of little scratches on the front wing, so set off to work with some Meg's Scratch X 2.0 and that tidied it right up.
yquzy5aj.jpg

re9etuza.jpg

amaqujuz.jpg

Windows were sprayed with Autosmart 20/20 Clear before the car was towelled off and moved inside. I find spraying with 20/20 Clear really helps to reduce water marking on the windows.
e2e7e2eg.jpg

Inside we go, and this is with Autoglym Glass Polish applied:
6ahytasa.jpg

The car is treated to Meg's Cleaner Wax all round.
unurumeh.jpg

Starting to take shape...
y4uva5e6.jpg

One of the wheels with Dodo Juice Blue Velvet being allowed to dry before being buffed off. Wheels were also polished with Meg's Cleaner Wax, and then sealed with Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection prior to this step.
napasyge.jpg

After a second layer of DJ Blue Velvet, and Dodo Juice Tyromania wax on the tyres, which was really brought to life with a brush round of diluted Autosmart Finish.
ege8aneb.jpg

Then a new little addition!
5ajydy8e.jpg

About time the exhaust got some attention...
Treated with a concoction of G101, Fallout Remover and Smart Wheels, which proved quite effective. Brought to a shine with T-Cut Metal Polish.

Before:
ygetahaz.jpg

During:
7uvanymu.jpg

After:
rebeva6e.jpg

8ynu3yge.jpg

The whole car was then treated with Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection and left to cure whilst I set about tending to this lot!
gy5urede.jpg

Buffed off with a fresh microfibre, and the car was reading for waxing. Wax of choice for the platinum grey of my Ibiza was Dodo Juice Purple Haze Pro.

Plastics were dressed with a combination of Autosmart Finish, Autoglym Bumper & Trim Gel, and the glass was cleaned with 20/20 Clear again to rid it of any polishing dust etc.

I'll let the pictures do the talking from here!

7agyhedy.jpg

ryju9u2u.jpg

a6unerar.jpg

apy2ajuv.jpg

zaqe8avy.jpg

ysatu2yp.jpg

pyzy9ubu.jpg

tepabe5e.jpg

humavera.jpg

a9e2ezy4.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

AV1D

Aug 7, 2011
Oo very nice pal awesome results, might have to get hold of some of that scratch remover, did you do it before you clayed the area of after? And did you hand polish or machine?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Feb 25, 2009
Rotherham/Leeds
Oo very nice pal awesome results, might have to get hold of some of that scratch remover, did you do it before you clayed the area of after? And did you hand polish or machine?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That was after it was clayed, only to ensure there weren't any surface contaminants that would cause further scratches, the clay doesn't affect the existing scratches.

All by hand mate, I can feel it today!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.