MkI 1.6 mod recommendations

h0l1yw0od

Mar 27, 2009
Hi,

I was looking to try and do a few things to my standard 1.6 16v MkI last year after sorting some issues but accidentally moved in with the Mrs instead :D Now things are on a pretty strict budget and i'd still like to do something to make it 'mine' and a little special.

What recommendations would you guys give for little things, taking budget and the fact that its not a Cupra or anything fancy into account? :drive1:

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Just have a peek through my thread below my signature mate, all my bits and pieces are in there, any other questions, just shout up!!

Jimski

h0l1yw0od

Mar 27, 2009
Thats looking nice. I imagine some expensive upgrades there but i might try and go for a selection. Think i'll start with the wiper blade and work up. :D

I love the matching paint job on the bumpers, that seemed to make a huge difference. The plastic on mine is a little faded so that would spruce it up nicely. I'll put that on the back burner.

Would love some nice wheels on it but imagine a nice set of matte black alloys (my preferred type) would be a few £££. Also had to buy 4 new tires for it shortly after i got it last year so would like to get some wear out of them before getting rid as they cost £250.

I wasn't sure the whole lowering thing was worth it for the standard 1.6 but i guess when you know how to fit it yourself and everything then it's not so bad. I'd have to take it somewhere to get that sort of thing done unfortunately.

Looking damn nice though, really like the yellow capillaries (?) in the wheels.

You say you've got a Cupra interior, probably a silly question but whats the difference?

h0l1yw0od

Mar 27, 2009
Lol that sounds right!

Yeah my drivrs seat feels a bit funny so can see why you did that.

Well i've made a shopping list of small bits to start with and hopefully i'll build up from there! Here's hoping i get paid too much in my pay this month!! :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.