ML4 Sunroof sun exposure

Aug 20, 2023
So I am an owner of a Seat Leon 1.5 TSI Fr model with a sunroof.

I have been noticing issues with the sunroof when the car is exposed for a few hours on the sun.
To explain the problem even further, when my car is sitting in the direct sun, the top central console is not responsive (lights and sunroof touchpads). The controls do come back to operational after a few minutes of cooling the car, but i still find it suspicious and irritating.

Also, i have tried to open all windows with my car keys, which works as intended and opens all windows, but then when i start the car, the sunroof freaks out, it’s like i’m pressing the touchpad (the sounds when closing, opening in the infotainment center), and the sunroof closes fully, then it starts to open close open close, and the sounds continue. It does get to normal after a while, but it’s weird.

Does anyone have a similar problem? Did anyone found a workaround?

thanks!

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
So I am an owner of a Seat Leon 1.5 TSI Fr model with a sunroof.

I have been noticing issues with the sunroof when the car is exposed for a few hours on the sun.
To explain the problem even further, when my car is sitting in the direct sun, the top central console is not responsive (lights and sunroof touchpads). The controls do come back to operational after a few minutes of cooling the car, but i still find it suspicious and irritating.

Also, i have tried to open all windows with my car keys, which works as intended and opens all windows, but then when i start the car, the sunroof freaks out, it’s like i’m pressing the touchpad (the sounds when closing, opening in the infotainment center), and the sunroof closes fully, then it starts to open close open close, and the sounds continue. It does get to normal after a while, but it’s weird.

Does anyone have a similar problem? Did anyone found a workaround?

thanks!
I have the sunroof on mine but didn't experience any issues with it.

However, I've had the exact same behavior as you described with the sunroof of my old Golf Mk5. Some local service told me it's the wiring and it's a pain in the ass to work on it so I left it like that. Maybe it's a different issue here

Apr 19, 2024
I have the issue and after endless arguments and an official consumer protection complaint against the dealership they still refuse to change it. I'm reaching a state where I'm seriously considering selling the car