MP3 Changer

Solberg04

Hi all new to this site,

Had my nice shiny (took me 4.5 hours to wash, detail and wax) 53 plate Leon Cupra for 3 weeks now and loving it. Just a quick question to you all.

I want an in car MP3 player and decided that a MP3 compatable changer would be my best option. Mainly due to not wanting to change the factory head unit.

Firstly will any after market 6 disc changer fit straight into the glove box in place of the factory one? And is it an easy job?

honeyman

Pirates
Oct 20, 2004
Northampton
To be honest most people on here will advise you to ditch the original HU, apparently it's the weak link in the system. as far as your question can you fit a different changer, I can't tell you but i'm sure someone will be along soon who can. :D

Solberg04

Thanks for that. I was tempted to fit a new HU but does this look weird as factory unit is the full width of the centre console.

And im a bit anal about things looking out of place. And the main reason is the little sticky fingered mutts that will smash into a car just in case the facia is under the seat or in the glove box.

honeyman

Pirates
Oct 20, 2004
Northampton
If you do change HU you need to buy the spacer approx £10 I believe, I see what your saying about attracting the wrong attention.

Solberg04

And proud of it! i can mix it down the countery club in white rebokes any day of the week mate.

I have also been reading that there was a 12v feed to the boot in some of the leons. apparently its hit and miss whether a car has one. but how do you know if there's one there????

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.