mpg figures

jays

I average 32 consistently (the trip resets after 100 hours drive time) and often see 36+ on my daily 20 mile commute. This is with normal driving (i.e. not ragging the tits off it) with a little bit of B road hoonery thrown in.

And that's from a 74,000 mile 210 (AMK) LCR

see i dont mind if i averaged 28/32 thats fine for me lol

i will admit i am a youngish lad im 21 but im not a foot down type of guy i didnt even drive my scoob fast realy couldnt afford to go over 60mph lmao.

im buying one to keep for a while like 3-4 years so im making sure its as low miles as possible as low owners as possible and as much service history as possible.

im in college so i need somthing that is reliable and one that will last me il admit my mk4golf was a realy good car and the leon has the same sorta build quality so should be a great car

you got to admit the cupra r does look sexy lmao

jays

My cupra is lpg'd !
79p a litre.......
But as above! Buy a diesel fr if you want economy!
Cupras are crap!
Ak

i duno im not a lad who drives fast but my gttdi was a 150 and i didnt find it amazingly quick it was ok for a diesel and your right with eco side of things my golf use to do 50mpg-60mpg i cannot fault them atall i did 16kmiles in it traveling around and never had to spend any money on it and they hold there price i bought it for 2400 with 68k on the clock and sold it for 2500 with slightly over 84k miles

jays

Exactly what I get, however 14-18 when having a play. Still double than what your scooby would have been getting. :D

defo my scoob was doing 23mpg on motor way journy total miles was 120 there at 55-60mph in convoy with family. and thats all i got 23mpg lol

if i did short journeys id get 18 maby less tbh there realy bad give them a remap and a scoob will do 35mpg what my dads does since his mods and map.

are these leons worth mapping will they gain fuel once maped ?

Feb 14, 2012
Slough
When i borrow my mates scoob (05 wrx with mods+map) i can get it down to around 10/12mpg lol.
I have a stage one map on my LCR and its does more mpg and has more power.

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
im stuck between cars i had an impreza but thats gone i could do a 50+~mile journey and only get 23mpg i need somthing thats around 35+ and i dont do alot of big miles.

is there much diff in fuel between the cupra and the cupra r

i been looking at the r because for some reason its £423cheaper than the cupra on insurance which makes no sense to me.

35mpg + ... not a chance.

You can obtain it driving like Grandma on the motorway but for all types of driving they will average out 28-29mpg. (my own figure over 55,000 miles of use in my hands)

If worried about fuel economy then buy a diesel. ;) - No 200bhp + petrol turbo car is going to be fuel efficient.

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
Get a Cupra TDI or for the Cupra R look and FR+

nice example here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-SEAT...s_UK&hash=item2c68bddbd7&_uhb=1#ht_981wt_1271

$(KGrHqJ,!q4F!-hRHibwBQcHMqpS1w~~_12.JPG

Loads of torque 200BHP easily achieved and as you can see over 45 MPG \/

Last edited:

jays

i might have anose at one

my sister has ibiza cupra does 24miles to work and back she gets 34mpg its not exactly far but i think its good

ashtec

Oct 7, 2012
chandlers ford
It's only fuel get the Cupra r fill it drive it and smile lol
I've also got a Citroen c2 1.4 hdi that is true Eco at a cheep price 62mpg every day driving and £20 a year road tax.
My misses has a 55 plate Ibiza fr petrol and only gets about 27mpg one a normal week.

BenG

Ben
Oct 26, 2011
Cove Bay, Aberdeen
FR TDI returns 55mpg on a long motorway run and about 42-45 on commute (6 miles each way, stop-start). Car remapped to 175hp/300lb ft.

The trip computer readout was about 5mpg optimistic...

jays

well the guy has messed me about abit i traveld up there for him to say i cannot test drive it as it has no insurance and has been sorn well instantly iv been put off id rather drive it so i know if its pulling a little ect vibration or even to make sure the turbo feel right.

so im looking at a normal cupra condition good very good so il have anose see what i can get that for lol

maddox

Aug 25, 2011
Glasgow
Sounds dodgy mate, well done for walking away! Especially when you've built yourself up about getting a new toy that day :( good luck with the next one.

MasserS

Apr 13, 2011
North West
I drive at the limit 99% of the time and do a lot of town driving, ive got 35 mpg actual out of my last tank and with a few motorway runs close to 40mpg.

Do remember that if your driving means you get 20% less Mpg than stated, you also will in a diesel

DarrenJ

Seat like you mean it!
Dec 3, 2008
Galway, Ireland
Interesting read!

Car: 2004 Leon Cupra tdi 150

Before map:

- Sunday driving - up to 60mpg (according to computer)

- 60mph speed limit roads doing regular 2 hour journey (60mpg)

After map to 180bhp / 285 ftlbs

- Sunday driving - up to 62mpg

- 60 mph speed limit roads doing regular 2 hour journey (62mpg)

So Sunday driving and maintaining a good average cruising speed seems to show the same figures.

With a 0-60 time of under 8 seconds after map and a lovely hissy turbo soundtrack and this economy and nice surge of torque it would take a lot to convert me back to petrol!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.