mpg on phase 2

Avant4me

Oct 13, 2005
Bristol
hi all thinking of geting phase 2 but wondered what mpg is befor i get it. thanks

Not sure what truly counts as phase 2, but i have a custom map after fitting a full Piper DP, sports cat and system.

Car is a 2001 LC which has produced figures of 237bhp and 270 ft/lbs torque, so well into the realms of Stage 2

28.84 Avg Before Map
27.45 Avg After Generic Map
30.39 Avg After Custom Map

These figures are for the entire time the car was in each condition. This is over nearly 5 years of ownership. The car was on a generic map for over a year. You have to bear in mind that once the exhaust was fitted, it caused havoc with my fueling which is why the average MPG for the generic map is so low. Just re-calculated, and the fairer figure for the Generic Map is around 28 MPG.

In the whole time i have owned the car, the driving pattern has not changed. It is used on a lot of short trips around town perhaps 10-15 miles return, and my wife uses it for the 40 mile round trip to Bristol Airport. This is again through town. My wife does not thrash the car, but has a habit of accelerating hard, up to the speed limit, so is using the turbo. Although the car does get a thrashing in my hands, i prefer the mid range grunt so end up using the full boost around 4k rather than 6k too often. Some would argue that this uses more fuel since the engine is more labored at 4k in 3rd than taking it higher in 2nd.

The one thing i have noticed is that the Motorway MPG is not what you would expect. Considering i can get 30 around town, the highest i have ever achieved is 34 on a journey to sheffield and back.

I hope this helps, sorry if it is bit much, but figures over the life of the car are more representative than someone posting what they got on one tank of fuel with the wind in the right direction.

I have consistently achieved a higher tank range using super U/L - in my case Tesco 99. The only flip side to this is that as my wife was using the car the most up to now, she does not utilise the power as much, so it was a false economy.

Best of luck

MAtt

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Hmm what do you get at the min mate .I have a stage 2lcr and it really depends how you drive it now if I do town driving a some sprinted runs my tank can be empty in 185 miles normally average about 260 ish but I recently drove over 500miles in a day and keeping to 70-80mph I managed to get 430 miles from the tank .the way I see it is if you worry about the mpg buy a diesel LOL .if not get it done it's worth it

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.