MQ200 or MQ250? REVO Remap?

hawkx617

Mar 18, 2024
I had planned to get my 1.4 FR150 remapped by a REVO dealer, but as I’m just to pull the trigger, I am concerned about the clutch with the increased torque. I seem to remember hearing bad things, and don’t see the point in remapping an already good little engine, if I get an extra 10bhp and have to cap the torque to save the clutch/gearbox.

My understanding was that I had an MQ200 in mine, with the 1.8 having the MQ250. However, it seems the MQ200 is limited to 200nm stock, and the 1.4 150 has 250nm torque stock?

Does anyone have any experience with this engine/gearbox remapped? It’s a nice little engine with 60k on it now, and I don’t want to stress it out too much!

hawkx617

Mar 18, 2024
You mean a DQ box not MQ?

The MQ is a manual

The DQ200 is the 7 speed and is limited to 250nm

If you do go for a tcu map then check out TVS
Yeah - I made a point of getting a manual as the 1.8 was too much for insurance and the 7 speed dry clutches are apparently rubbish.

It’s a 6 speed manual, but there’s almost no info on them online!

stu_m

Aug 14, 2014
Hull
www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk
Yeah - I made a point of getting a manual as the 1.8 was too much for insurance and the 7 speed dry clutches are apparently rubbish.

In that case there is no gearbox to remap

Just remap the engine and worry about the clutch if it starts to slip which it won't at stage 1

Also the 7 speed box isn't rubbish it just had some issues initially and as with anything it sticks.

I know people with 200k on the dq200

SuperV8

May 30, 2019

I had planned to get my 1.4 FR150 remapped by a REVO dealer, but as I’m just to pull the trigger, I am concerned about the clutch with the increased torque. I seem to remember hearing bad things, and don’t see the point in remapping an already good little engine, if I get an extra 10bhp and have to cap the torque to save the clutch/gearbox.

My understanding was that I had an MQ200 in mine, with the 1.8 having the MQ250. However, it seems the MQ200 is limited to 200nm stock, and the 1.4 150 has 250nm torque stock?

Does anyone have any experience with this engine/gearbox remapped? It’s a nice little engine with 60k on it now, and I don’t want to stress it out too much!
Checking an 2016 1.4 TSI 150 on autotrader - It has an MQ250 linked to it.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members