mr_D v3 sti

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
right then guys. its been a while now since i got the scooby and i know some of you were interested in seeing my progress. so i have started to put together this thread. now i have done quite a bit so far being as though everything cost lots of money with these cars. but you know what its like. modding bug is here for life i think.

spec (contains new things)

vf35 turbo,
decat and 3" bellmouth downpipe
hks dragger exhaust
silicon intake pipe
hks hard pipe
blitz filter
dv less. recirc blanked
fmic with hard pipe.
p1 restrictor pill
catch tank

ohline coilovers
cusco pillow ball top mounts
carbon fiber front strut brace
cusco rear strut brace
works kai lightweight alloys
pirelli p zero tires

c-west body kit
custom carbon fiber bonnet
custom paint (my mix)
spoiler less

full defi link up display
boost gauge
oil pressure
oil temp
water temp

2 orion amps,
1 alpine amp
jbl competiton 6x9's
jbl competition 16cm components

i have added or fixed parts in red

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
first of all i got the car and started playing with the interior and colour coding. but aint got anypics yet as i have been changing it recently

this is the car as i bought it
mycar4.jpg

mycar4.jpg

but that didnt last long. i have never done any real spraying or preping before in my life and thought why not give it a go. so with the help off myki we got to work on a sat and stripped the car to get ready for paint.

Photo0168.jpg
Photo0179.jpg
Photo0196.jpg
Photo0192.jpg
Photo0204.jpg
Photo0203.jpg

(myki doing nothing as usual)
Photo0215.jpg

there was such a build up of paint from where they sprayed the car with spoiler on

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
Photo0219.jpg

Photo0221.jpg

so we took it back to basic
Photo0223.jpg
bumper repaired
Photo0248.jpg
Photo0235.jpg
we experience bad laquer peel when removing stickers. so myki spent ages tidying up the bad patches

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
then after the primer had dried i started to lay the paint in the door shuts and boot only

Photo0288.jpg

Photo0289.jpg

after this had dried and we flat backed the car

we started on the real paint. my mix of pug yellow and lambogini orange

Photo0306.jpg
Photo0305.jpg
Photo0308.jpg
Photo0307.jpg

oh and you cant paint a car without having treats.
Photo0293.jpg

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
Photo0309.jpg

Photo0311.jpg

after a few coats and the car before her sunbed

Photo0320.jpg
Photo0323.jpg

myki took me home in the skyline while th car dried over night

Photo0324.jpg

myki got the style going on. complete customer jaffa facia

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
car had dried and had been flat backed again. now was time for the black. i did have a helping hand to do this. as i needed someone with an eye for details who had done it before.
Photo0325.jpg

Photo0327.jpg
Photo0335.jpg
Photo0334.jpg
theres me in the white jump suit. i felt like a right c0ck in a condom

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
then the finished product. (only the spraying. it will never been totally finished performance wise)

mtnewcar.jpg

next to come will be with the fmic and a few of the under bonnet shots and interior.
this car is different as it will not be like every scooby on the road and im hoping to build a drift scooby!

big thanks to myki for your help. i know you didnt get enought sleep due to finshing work late and starting on the car after an hour but appreciated!

thanks to bex's old man for letting me use his knowledge and garage. recommend his for anything if your in southwales! and this guy also drives a leon cupra so we know hes cool!

Last edited:

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Looking sweet as fook mate...

The only thing i would of done different was instead of spraying the whole bonnet yellow then add the black i would of left the middle bit as carbon fibre but thats just my personal opinion but by the looks of the before photos the bonnet was sprayed black anyway...

You got to do some videos of it now...:)

Dec 3, 2007
cardiff
its not hard and never done it before. but everyone who knows me knows i like to do thinks myself to every degree. lol.

the bonnet was already sprayed by previous owner so couldnt have left it. was a gray with blue sparkle in it. not nice! lol.

the car is pushing around 320bhp and shoots lovely flames out the back.

i took the spoiler off last night as i felt i wanted a chanhge. dont know if i should do my wheels black or get different ones. (bear in mind these wheels were 2k alone without tyres.lol)

car looks so much better than before. its amazing what a difference some new paint can make.
looks like you done a really good job in the small space you had to do it in.
comparing the before and after photos its shocking how nasty it looked before.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.