My “old” VZ Edition vs new V2

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
So thought I’d give my ten pence worth in regards to what I’m missing/changes etc from my previous VZ Edition .
  • Sunroof - V2 quieter without, prefer the quiet
  • Black roof lining- the grey makes it look/feel lighter, although same affect with the sunroof blind retracted on the old one
  • 310 ps - yes the 1.5 is slower but tootling along it’s good, probably miss the power now and then
  • 4drive - only felt the benefit on launches
  • Brembo’s - don’t miss the squeaking but boy they were good
  • Heated steering wheel - not bothered as I only used it maybe twice
  • Power tailgate - liked the feature but don’t miss the pointless virtual pedal, looked like a fool many a day trying that feature
  • Infotainment - crisper, responsive and just seems to be slicker than the old one
  • Tech - as stated in another thread it’s working as it should (touch wood) and is great, old one PITA
So main thing is power, and the early VZ Edition PITA tech. Am I happy with the “lesser” model, absolutely. Cupra seam to be getting on top of the early issues but such a shame they did not get that right first time. It’s obviously soured the water for many owners but I’m glad I have gave it another go as the Formentor looks the business IMO.

formv2

Jul 21, 2021
United Kingdom
So thought I’d give my ten pence worth in regards to what I’m missing/changes etc from my previous VZ Edition .
  • Black roof lining- the grey makes it look/feel lighter, although same affect with the sunroof blind retracted on the old one
  • 310 ps - yes the 1.5 is slower but tootling along it’s good, probably miss the power now and then
  • Power tailgate - liked the feature but don’t miss the pointless virtual pedal, looked like a fool many a day trying that feature
  • Infotainment - crisper, responsive and just seems to be slicker than the old one
  • Tech - as stated in another thread it’s working as it should (touch wood) and is great, old one PITA
So main thing is power, and the early VZ Edition PITA tech. Am I happy with the “lesser” model, absolutely. Cupra seam to be getting on top of the early issues but such a shame they did not get that right first time. It’s obviously soured the water for many owners but I’m glad I have gave it another go as the Formentor looks the business IMO.
What is the suspension like without the DCC but still with the 19" wheels that you get on the V2? I only got to drive a V1 with 18" wheels on the test drive and thought that ride was good but hope the larger wheels don't make a huge difference.

Reactions: jcbmally

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
What is the suspension like without the DCC but still with the 19" wheels that you get on the V2? I only got to drive a V1 with 18" wheels on the test drive and thought that ride was good but hope the larger wheels don't make a huge difference.
I always set my tyres to the softest manufacturers settings as displayed on the inner door, but I have to say the suspension is spot on. Not wallowing and not spine snapping, it’s very comfortable but handles really well. I was apprehensive at first but it’s got the balance spot on with the 19’s.

Reactions: formv2

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron

Attachments

• 2A76BDBC-A6ED-495A-B92F-E2F64850562F.jpeg
    2A76BDBC-A6ED-495A-B92F-E2F64850562F.jpeg
    948.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 76D92419-F95B-4C51-8F63-23C152EED340.jpeg
    76D92419-F95B-4C51-8F63-23C152EED340.jpeg
    819.6 KB · Views: 259
  • 14A36201-4B90-4EEF-A9FB-3D947F9CA837.jpeg
    14A36201-4B90-4EEF-A9FB-3D947F9CA837.jpeg
    778.1 KB · Views: 267
  • EFEA3E1C-E8D8-4EF4-849D-2E9CBD7D54B7.jpeg
    EFEA3E1C-E8D8-4EF4-849D-2E9CBD7D54B7.jpeg
    726.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 8CA69EDC-6DC3-4CFD-81B4-3554622EC9EE.jpeg
    8CA69EDC-6DC3-4CFD-81B4-3554622EC9EE.jpeg
    824.8 KB · Views: 264
  • 5C74E52D-9030-455E-8B20-8ED4000F9F44.jpeg
    5C74E52D-9030-455E-8B20-8ED4000F9F44.jpeg
    880.2 KB · Views: 276
  • E025E0D8-18B7-4959-A397-16BE7FD6046F.jpeg
    E025E0D8-18B7-4959-A397-16BE7FD6046F.jpeg
    559.3 KB · Views: 273

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Been asked how the new infotainment screen boots up compared to my old one. I get in the car, switch ignition on/start car and it loads in a couple of seconds. I have a wee video demo but I’ve no idea how to upload it.

formv2

Jul 21, 2021
United Kingdom
I always set my tyres to the softest manufacturers settings as displayed on the inner door, but I have to say the suspension is spot on. Not wallowing and not spine snapping, it’s very comfortable but handles really well. I was apprehensive at first but it’s got the balance spot on with the 19’s.
That's fantastic thank you for letting me know :)

Sarah

Jan 18, 2021
Photos!! Hooray! Looks very nice. If there had been a choice of cars in stock, I think I would have gone for that colour

barqqsanu

Sep 9, 2021
Is it just me, or they've changed the red color? When I saw the Red Formentor in March, i remember it being very bright and red-ish, while the 2022 ones look more like a dark red. In the photo is the one from March....

Attachments

• 20210329_165348.jpg
    20210329_165348.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 174

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Photos!! Hooray! Looks very nice. If there had been a choice of cars in stock, I think I would have gone for that colour
It looks way better in the flesh, gettiysone positive feedback on the colour, I’ve had enough of grey at the moment lol.

Reactions: Sarah

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Is it just me, or they've changed the red color? When I saw the Red Formentor in March, i remember it being very bright and red-ish, while the 2022 ones look more like a dark red. In the photo is the one from March....
I think it just depends on the day light, mine looks darker in overcast sky’s but the other day it was very bright in the sun.

jg4

Mar 3, 2014
I see the roofline is the new light grey color. What do you think compared to the dark grey you had before? Does it make the car feel roomier and less claustrophobic? Which one you prefer?

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
I see the roofline is the new light grey color. What do you think compared to the dark grey you had before? Does it make the car feel roomier and less claustrophobic? Which one you prefer?
IMO it lightens the cabin, it blends with the a-pillar as well, there is enough black in the car with th seats and dash lol

qbait

Nov 3, 2021
Are you having the same driving assistants with the new one or less?
Are you having 10 or 12 inches screen in the new Formentor?

You answer would help me to make the right choice as I'm wondering if those things aren't responsible for a buggy Formentor.

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Are you having the same driving assistants with the new one or less?
Are you having 10 or 12 inches screen in the new Formentor?

You answer would help me to make the right choice as I'm wondering if those things aren't responsible for a buggy Formentor.
Still 12” screen. Still have all the assistance systems apart from blind spot detection and side assist.
The only issue I have had was the ACC didn’t work correctly for about 20miles in Scotland, but apart from that the car has been spot on. Infotainment system loads up within a few seconds and is responsive.

Reactions: qbait

qbait

Nov 3, 2021
Still 12” screen. Still have all the assistance systems apart from blind spot detection and side assist.
The only issue I have had was the ACC didn’t work correctly for about 20miles in Scotland, but apart from that the car has been spot on. Infotainment system loads up within a few seconds and is responsive.
Fair enough, the sales guy told me that the 12" screen is the source of bugs, but maybe he told me that because I was disappointed about not being able to order it anymore.

Are you not missing blind spot detection and side assist? On paper, it looks like the most useful assistant.

jcbmally

Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Not really, I did like them but I feel you get lazy relying on those aids. But like I said I did like them and would have them again for free.

Reactions: qbait

dancoll

Jan 2, 2021
Did you sell your VZ edition or swap it? Know they only made 100 and looking to sell mine possibly but would not know where the best place to sell would be?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.