J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Scotty_b said:

no!
thanks scott they look good!

il give them a buzz 2mo! :)

its a shame they are 320miles round trip from me! (3 hour drive each way!) :(

edit: on their website wen u enter details in for a Quotation Request... under colour required u can only select "polished - (flat face only)"

i bet this is diamond cut! :cry:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
rst_cupra_r said:
i had the high powered silver on mine with metal flake laquer looked ace i loved it but the polished look would also look sweet as m8

polished/mirrachrome all the way! :yes:

if not high powered silver with metal flake laquer like u say! :)

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
Spoke to Lap tab last nite at 11.30! (24hr phone service)
Seem to know what there doing, they give a good guarantee and they can do it all in day (7am start and 5 finish tho)

Just to give you a rough idea they have quoted £80+vat to take the wheels off the car, take tyres off, refit tyres, balance the wheels and refit to the car. Which isn’t too bad really. On top of that is the cost of your powder coat.

But at the mo they are doing 15% discount!
Mines going in the end of june!

honeyman

Pirates
Oct 20, 2004
Northampton
When mine were done the guy from the garage was telling how badly pitted they were, I must admit I was tempted to see if they could diamond cut just the front faces, but i'm happy as they are really.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
tris said:
why dont you have them done then if they f**k up try and get them to re do them half price ??
there is no harm in asking?

the paint is 180 + VAT + import charges... so the paint is very expensive! so £400 isnt a bad price for referbing 4 wheels, removing the tyres, refitting the tyres and ballancing them! plus the price of lacquer etc.

and also i dont want the hassel of having to get them referbed twice! :headhurt:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Scotty_b said:
Spoke to Lap tab last nite at 11.30! (24hr phone service)
Seem to know what there doing, they give a good guarantee and they can do it all in day (7am start and 5 finish tho)

Just to give you a rough idea they have quoted £80+vat to take the wheels off the car, take tyres off, refit tyres, balance the wheels and refit to the car. Which isn’t too bad really. On top of that is the cost of your powder coat.

But at the mo they are doing 15% discount!
Mines going in the end of june!

not that cheap £68 +Vat is still a fair bit plus how much is the colour/powder coat gonna cost scott?

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
jenk said:
Are you sure they cant be polished :confused:

try these
http://www.pureklas.co.uk/polishing.htm

cheers il try callin them!

i wonder were they are based... doesnt say on web site! :blink:

Scotty_b said:
I think what J@mes is saying is yes they can be polished but the results arnt that great on modern alloys

yea thats wat lots of companies have told me! plus u cant have them lacquered as theres no key for it to stick to! and would need constant cleaning.... and on their website it says... "The finish is not lacquered as this reduces the shine, and the laquer has no surface to adhere to, however, this type of finish is simple to maintain, by using the correct products...We offer a full and friendly after care advice service, showing you which products to use and how to use them to maintain the high polished attractive finish.

Last edited:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
cuprar30 said:
When mine were done the guy from the garage was telling how badly pitted they were, I must admit I was tempted to see if they could diamond cut just the front faces, but i'm happy as they are really.

yea black suits onvi and red LCRs imo.

if i had an onvi or red LCR i would go for black powder coat with a silver metalic flake to it! :yes:

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
why not let them do the wheels in this chrome spray stuff, but then if it goes wrong see if you can get a guarantee that theyll say powder coat them for half the price or something within the year.

just an idea but if a company is going to try this spray then theyll have to test it properly soon.

Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
Iv seen a few examples of purklas's work on another forum and they real good.
Cant see why they wouldnt be able to do your wheels, 5 spoke tt wheels are modern and they come up real nice. Drop them an e-mail.
Ill definatly be considering them.

Scotty_b

Leon Cupra 300R
Jun 3, 2004
Hertfordshire
James all in mines £350 which isnt bad for a two stage powder coat. They have to be be done twice in two differnt colours to get the effect i want

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members