My ibiza track toy

worthys-cupra

Hi all,

Have been a member on here for couple years now after buying my first cupra but sold that to fund my g40, after getting everyting i wanted out of the g40. (and splitting chassis leg gearbox mount from the inner wing) sold it in pieces to get my new ibiza project :)

So here it is,
(2001) Y reg onvi yellow ibiza cupra with 57k on the clock
Spec that i have bought it with is,

Engine,
Wossener piston's (standard bore)
Scat rods,
Genesis 430cc injectors,
Ihi turbo kit with underslung manifold,
Forge front mount intercooler,
Forge TIP,
Forge 007p dv,
S3 maff,
Pipercross foam filter,
N112 & N249 by passed,
milltek system with 100cell sports cat,
peloguin lsd,
Custom code custom map.

Suspention,
Avo coilovers,
Neuspeed front and rear antiroll bars,
Polybushed front end,
Mg 4pot calpiers (ap racing)
1 set of rota slipstreams with 205/50 15s avon wets
1 set of rota slipstreams with 205/50 15s toyo r888

Interior,
Full cage (bolt in)
Cobra bucket seat on custom runners,
Sparco 6 point harness with 3'' straps,
Stripped interior including door cards, headlining, half the dash, rear seats, rear door cards, etc etc,
Battery re-located into the boot,
Sparco deep dish steering wheel,

Exterior,
Standard faded yellow,
black roof,
Single wiper conversion,
broken front bumper.

Heres a few pics of the car

T2eC16NHJF8E9nnC6IpVBQn9-NVisQ60_12_zps8a60baa5.jpg

T2eC16VHJHoE9n3Ke5TSBQn99z6j1g60_12_zpsb38eb959.jpg

IMG_0425_zpsd8565385.jpg

IMG_0423_zps1186d312.jpg

Thanks for looking, be nice to here your guys thoughts. more updates of what i have done soon :)
Cheers Si

worthys-cupra

Right after couple long weekends working on the car getting it ready for its mot here is what the car looks like to date.

So after a little trip to the autosport show with NRM90 (Nathan) and spending a long time talking with Kris at forge i ended up with couple parcels over the following days which consisted of pretty much everything forge have to offer to the ibiza, also managed to get a good inclosed airfilter from them also.

IMG_0475_zps42b887cd.jpg

IMG_0476_zps9fda8511.jpg

Then found another onvi yellow cupra breaking local to me so ended up with the whole front end and a rear bumper cheap :) so i could replace the broken front and rear bumpers and the rest for spares because you never no.

Also dug out my carbon kevlar bucket seat ready to weld in, got to get the weight down abit more :D

IMG_0209_zps6fa80dda.jpg

Then took a nice little drive up to meet yellonvi-R to collect flocked dash and other goodies :D

So after long weekends of ripping the engine bay apart from stuff i dont need and fitting all the forge parts (not coolent hose tho) taking the cage out just to fit the new dash adjusting the old seat for the mot, removing sunstrip, fitting bumper and getting all the little bits ready for mot it was all going well untill today, charged the battery and found the battery light to be on so after quick mess with the multi meter it ended up to be the alternator, quick race over to brow NRM90's spare 1 and fit it problem solved and runs better now.

Now heres how shes looks at the mo nearly already for the MOT on friday :)

IMG_0524_zps1de5f3a8.jpg

IMG_0528_zps5c1518e4.jpg

IMG_0530_zps8e071fa8.jpg

IMG_0525_zpsc4f9c50e.jpg

forgot to take pic of the engine bay will do over the week but its slowly getting there.
Cheers

worthys-cupra

cheers bud,
it was a custom made for the car done by a company local to me :)

worthys-cupra

always worth it in custom cages as u tell them what u want and how you would want the cage done. :)

worthys-cupra

Ha yea it wasnt as bad as what i was expecting worse bit was taking out the cage and re-fitting the loom, But i am qualifed paint sprayer, body repairer done a few new dashes at work.

worthys-cupra

cheers guys. hopefully more updates when i have it on the road. might even have a cheeky long weekend on it for a fresh bit of paint. :)

worthys-cupra

the car is now road legal, went for its mot at the begining of the month and passed first time (not bad for a car thats been stood for 2 years)

On the first weekend of having the car on the road i decided to give it a machine polish all over and the difference was brwon to yellow ha.

well since ive had the car on the road its never felt as quick as what i had hoped it would have so i took a trip down to my mates rolling road just to see whats happening, after 2 runs we found out it was only boosting to 11psi and the fueling was going really lean after 4k, so i booked the car into bill's at badger5 for his expert view.
went up to bills on thursday and he checked the whole engine over and i got a list of bits thats neeed sorting manly the lcr pump is dead and the maf has the s3 element left in and not an ibiza 1 among other little problems these 2 were the main 1s.

updates on the car itself both sets of wheels and the mg brake conversion are now being listed onto ebay due to a bigger brake upgrade being bought :) bought front and rear upper braces, lcr splitter thats about all for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.