My latest dashboard upgrades (Bora Sport full FIS clocks)

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
I just thought I'd share a few upgrades you can make to a mk1 dashboard with a bit of time and effort.

These are some of the on going labour's of love with my FR TDI cockpit...

Bora Sport full FIS immo3 clocks with all extras activated, white backlighting, red displays instead of blue.
W8 Passat fuel & temperature gauge foils with proper scaling adapted in eeprom.
Custom needles using late mk4 Golf pointers and new Scirroco centres.
Door open warning functional with additional canbus loom to CCM.
Next thing to do will be get a new FIS LCD fitted and get the 2 small lcds inverted with polariser film to match the large central one.
I'd love a new colour one but they're out of my budget tbh.
I also plan to invert the climate control unit to match.
I'm currently working on a headlight switch upgrade which will give me the use of the mk4 / mk5 Golf auto headlight switches.
Lots of fettling needed here but I've almost sussed it...

Note the S3 illuminated vents and double din centre console. :)
8700851d2920f7f2a2a5f13ef8fede3e.jpg
d0d2627f87a22efb10b69a0b607f3c76.jpg
12b4e03aa5e113a4f0a7f3dd34a628de.jpg
718d074c14563269e0a6b76877d80087.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CaptainProne

Aug 7, 2017
Bridport/Dorchester
Looks bloody smart that mate I used to have a Bora with those clocks always missed them. S3 vents look really good too! Awesome job mate.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Really like those vents.
I'm guessing they need additional wiring.
Is it something a novice could pull off.

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Yeah I had to have the illuminated Audi S3 vents after running illuminated flush vents in my mk4 Golf estate that I owned before this Leon.
There isn't an aftermarket loom available and you can't pull it from the Audi as it's intwinned into the main dash loom.
They're very simple to wire in but as per usual my OCD kicked in so I made up a proper loom but instead of sourcing the Audi connectors I poached the ones from a spare set of Bora vents and swapped them over to the S3 ones.
I then took the plugs from the Bora dash loom I had to make the rest of the loom up.
This way it looked all factory fit (even though it's never seen) and I can disconnect them if need be without any issues.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Yeah I had to have the illuminated Audi S3 vents after running illuminated flush vents in my mk4 Golf estate that I owned before this Leon.
There isn't an aftermarket loom available and you can't pull it from the Audi as it's intwinned into the main dash loom.
They're very simple to wire in but as per usual my OCD kicked in so I made up a proper loom but instead of sourcing the Audi connectors I poached the ones from a spare set of Bora vents and swapped them over to the S3 ones.
I then took the plugs from the Bora dash loom I had to make the rest of the loom up.
This way it looked all factory fit (even though it's never seen) and I can disconnect them if need be without any issues.

Very trick buddy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Battoussai

Mar 22, 2016
Portugal
I like it a lot! Also did go with white and red with my dials. It's just the concept that combines sport and tech.

It's really nice to see all that hours of labour come to life.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members