Mystery button

Feb 1, 2022
Bit of a daft one here but does anyone know what this button is for on the infotainment system? It appears when turning off the car. I’ve pressed it numerous times but I can’t determine what it’s doing… Hopefully it’s not the self destruct button (although the infotainment system may benefit from that)
25C1AE60-5F7C-48DD-A3FF-CBCB81FD2D9E.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: jcbmally

Peyton

Jan 20, 2021
I've seen several theories. One of them was that it is a remnant from an Audi infotainment where they had a screen that would recede into the dashboard. That button would be used to "pull it down".

Some other people had a different theory. Honestly I don't know, but icon definitely looks like some kind of a "shrink down" indicator.

Feb 1, 2022
That was my train of thinking too. I remember seeing something similar in an A6 at work. I thought it would have been noticed by Cupra and removed during one of the updates but then again… 🙈

Nik_S

Dec 16, 2021
Liverpool
I’ve wondered what this button does too. Gone through the manual and can’t find any reference to it. Tried pressing it and nothing appears to happen. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Feb 1, 2022
Thanks AntoniosL. Someone was probably paid good money to code that button in too :LOL:. Out of curiosity, where did you find that information? I couldn't find it in any manuals on the Cupra Website.

Feb 1, 2022
Cheers AntoniosL,

The only manuals I could find on the Cupra site were the 2020 versions which were in the document pack with the car. That 2021 version is much more detailed and seems more applicable to my car. :thumbup:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise