N429

ninjabadger

Feb 19, 2004
northants
Visit site
Can anyone tell me where this is on a 2001 leon cupra as mine is playing up .vag com says n429 vale mechanical malfunction and when the car is cold it misses and died completly this morning.seems to go fine when warm.also vag com says miss fire on cylinders 1 and 2 .well it shows 1 insteed of 0i take it that means a missfire.thanks for any help

ninjabadger

Feb 19, 2004
northants
Visit site
i have done a full search on here and vwvortex that did say how to find it but it seems the leon is diffrent. i have just found it on tyresmoke net if any one else needs to know thanks for the help

Last edited:

jonathanp

Jan 5, 2005
Coventry
I had a look at this and I *think* you could disconnect the small vacuum hose (comes from the inlet manifold and goes to the N249) and use an adaptor to attach it to your DV hose, or just replace the whole thing to connect directly to the DV

I'm had mechanical malfunction show up on mine once as well, wasn't sure if it was just a glitch or not

do you find sometimes that the power seems to disappear and then come back again but not as strong, almost like you're lifting off the throttle really quick and going back on?

ninjabadger

Feb 19, 2004
northants
Visit site
the n249 valve on the cupra is under a steel plate at the frount of the engine.i have taken all the pipes of it and put a T piece in instead but left it wired up the car is going fine much smother.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise