Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Article here:

http://www.seatcupra.net/index.php/2017/01/31/new-2017-seat-ibiza-revealed/

• A major step forward in the company’s portfolio renewal
  • More compact outside and much more room inside
  • Features the latest connectivity, comfort and safety technology
  • The fifth generation of the Ibiza debuts with the latest innovative MQB A0 Platform

2017-Ibiza-1.jpg

2017-Ibiza-2.jpg

2017-Ibiza-3.jpg

Looks very much like a slightly smaller Leon at first glance.

What do you think?

Scott

Last edited:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Nice. Being a Leon owner anything that looks similar isn't going to be ugly in my eyes obviously. The twin exit FR rear bumper will be smart for its target audience for sure.

Liking the fact they have carried over the tech upgrades from the Leon FL to the B segment too (handbrake for example). Also the Xcellence trim level sitting at a par (or just above in the Leon's case) with FR trim opens the product to a wider audience - great move.

Roll on the Arona and the line up is complete.

Lukin

May 31, 2016

For this year. Later I want them to introduce a bigger Seat. Either Ateca ST or, preferably, a replacement for Exeo (that is: a sportier incarnation of Skoda Superb/VW Passat). And then some hybrids/EVs.

As for the new Ibiza - as I said in the other thread: I'm in love already. Hoping it will be priced reasonably.

Love-Cupra

Jul 29, 2016
Netherlands
Smaller Leon indeed, and must say that I do like it too !

Even better front fog-lights(looks) in my opinion, rear light clusters not my taste frankly.
Can we expect also the 2 Ltr engine, in 265 or 280 trim - will be fun.
Great car, but we only see the top models sofar will be interesting to see the start of the range too.
Seems like a winner for Seat

Last edited:

Sonofzelda

What the covfefe!
Sep 25, 2016
Rugby
Nice. Being a Leon owner anything that looks similar isn't going to be ugly in my eyes obviously. The twin exit FR rear bumper will be smart for its target audience for sure.

Liking the fact they have carried over the tech upgrades from the Leon FL to the B segment too (handbrake for example). Also the Xcellence trim level sitting at a par (or just above in the Leon's case) with FR trim opens the product to a wider audience - great move.

Being an Ibiza owner aything that looks similar to a Leon is going to be ugly to my eyes. :handbags:

SpeedyTomato

May 4, 2018
Finland
I have driven my 1.5 Ibiza now 6000km and i love it. My old car was Leon 1.4 140hp 2014 and i must say i dont see point ppl buying it now. It has bigger boot but not much difference inside. And 1.5 motor is much better than old 1.4 liter.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.