New 2018 Cupra 300

Tdog

May 11, 2018
Hey All

Well heres me ! Picking up my new Cupra 300 this coming Tuesday the 15th and its on my calender haha.

Its been on order for a good while now and I picked up a canceled order by some other time waster but it turns out this time waster chose the lovely colour mystery blue, Seat Warrington were running a crazy good deal but they could not meet the time i needed the car for...... however after ringing every Seat dealership in the Northwest and beyond Seat Bradford matched the deal with a car that was already on order but got cancelled by the customer :)

I love my cars and god do I miss the good old days of original Top Gear....... my first car was a P Reg corsa 1.2 8 valve and it was dog **** but I loved it for some reason haha. It went thru hell with me for 4 years treating it like a work horse, then came the Twingo 133 ! What a car that was and my love for driving was born.

The ultimate in handling..... the 133 is a crazy car and I had the Cup Chassis on mine, it didnt have a ton of power but god damn when it was just you in the car it was sensational. It was as so many say on rails but deep down I knew it was something special, anyhow time went by and I soon realised Renault were screwing me on payments and the car also decided to start setting airbags of a bit for fun haha a story for another day maybe.

Time for a new car ? Hmmmmm After much searching on Autotrader I decided on a Celica 190 Tsport, had this gem for 4 years and I have to say It was a pleasure to own. The Vtec style rev range on the thing was crazy and it was addictive, if you didnt drive the car on the Vtec there was something wrong with you it was made for it. Only downside to the car was that it didnt handle too great...... if you hit a pothole it would track perfectly straight into a wall or tree which ever was the nearest. Fact is the engine note was awesome and it made you chase that Vtec stlye scream no matter where you went.

Down to my current motor the Fiesta ST3 16 Plate, I cannot stress how much of a great car this is !!! People have said it time and time again but as a guy who has owned 1 for the past 2 years I have to agree with everything they have said and so much more, the car is the top of the line in hot hatches department. Why do you think you see them all over the place ? There is normally a bloody good reason for that. I honestly didnt want one at first because they were so common but I am glad I did.

They look great, sound great and perform amazingly ( best handling car I have driven ) but now its time to hand the keys back and this took me a long time to decide..... I started to shop for new cars 9 months before my lease was up ! I had all but made my mind up on a 330d as they were fast, economical and had a great interior.

After a stroke of luck / desitiny I came across a deal that Seat Warrington were putting out on the leon Cupra 300. They were putting out £265 per month with £265 deposit ! I knew this was a crazy good deal as everyone else wanted 2k deposit for the car and like £300 per month.

Anyhow fast forward to the now and I am 4 days away from my brand new Cupra 300 and I cannot wait ! I am fairly sure I am going to sink my first tank of fuel in a few days but I do not care I just want to drive the bloody thing. So If you see a Mystery blue 18 Plate Cupra 300 in the Bolton / trafford park area its more than likely me haha.

Thanks for reading if you did and I will update with pics on collection day !!!!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Now that's an introduction lol

Welcome to the club! You won't be disappointed.

I've had a pretty shocking car history till I got my first SEAT, started with a 1.2 punto r reg then onto a Mitsubishi carisma, then SEAT Leon mk2 FR TFSI, 15 plate focus titx 1.0 (amazing engine) and now I'm onto my favourite model the cupra r mk2 leon.

This will be the slowest weekend in your life haha

I assume you cannot mod the car if its on lease but you shouldn't need to.

Have fun

Tdog

May 11, 2018
Haha thanks dude !

Tried not to make it a yo bros here I am with my cupra intro..... I think your previous cars make you understand and appreciate your current car so much more !

I have reasearched this Cupra so much its a bit wierd haha, cant wait to drive it.

The one thing that tends not to show up in youtube vids is the turbo whistle if it has one ? My fiesta has a great intake noise and I hope the cupra has something similar

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Indeed I love my R even if it's not as quick as the normal cupra of these days haha

@theoldboy may be able to tell you if his cupra has a nice turbo whistle.

You'll have to pop over to Donington to the national meet on 8th July and meet fellow minded people lol the link is in my signature to the discussion :)

Cheers

Tdog

May 11, 2018
Ahhh the 8th of July, I will make sure to try and make it down there.

My friend is getting the exact same car in June so I will be sure to bring him along, how many active members do you have on here ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
It's my first meet but seems like it should be good fun, yeah get down there. You'll have to get tickets which I think are £15 each then add yourself to the list lol the more the merrier!

The MK3 section is very active along with mk1 Leon's but the mk2 section seems to be dying off a little but yeah we have plenty of people here.

Cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.