New Arosa Owner

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Hi There,
My girlfriends decided to buy a mini version of my car, And instead of going for the Arosa 1.4TDI or 1.4S she went for the 1.0 :(

Anyway, Potential modifications!
I'm thinking HID's are these possible on an Arosa? I bought Quite expensive ones for the Beeza but she's a student so maybe some diane shop ones? Do you know the fitments?

Exhaust systems, Have any of you had a full custom exhaust system, Going for stainless Steel so that it lasts forever! How much did you pay?

Any other modifications to get the most out of this measly 1.0 Engine.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
leave it alone all i would do is lower it no exhaust change no filte its just a 1.0 :( not worth

list:- lowering (30/40mm), light changes/HIDs 5-6k, tinted if you want, and some deep dishes

btw pm when you get the chance ramz my new exhaust its on want you to hear it asap!!

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Holy **** Cheung?
You own an arosa now?

I know "What" I want, I need the information about it!
Exhaust is not for performance mate its a lifetime guarentee, I was going to get HID's ya plum I just needed the fitment.

PM you?! I'm on Gtalk son, Let me hear it!

Last edited:

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Powerflow and supersprint are about the only 2 options avaliable for the Arosa as an exhaust upgrade. Loops has a powerflow exhaust that was custom made so try dropping her a pm.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Sorry, I know a fella who did my exhaust.
Prospeed exhausts in cardiff,
amazing quality and skilled workers, just wondering how much that person would of paid? I mean my ibiza cost me £600+ inc turbo downpipe, sports cat, etc. but this is alot smaller I assume it'd be alot less :)

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Sorry, I know a fella who did my exhaust.
Prospeed exhausts in cardiff, amazing quality and skilled workers, just wondering how much that person would of paid? I mean my ibiza cost me £600+ inc turbo downpipe, sports cat, etc. but this is alot smaller I assume it'd be alot less :)

Its not normally the case with an Arosa. Unfortunately most of us have encountered that even though everything is made on a smaller scale its never normally cheaper. There are very few modifications for an arosa and therefor not many people invest in these wee beasties. In fact parts rarely are cheaper and lots of things tend to be custom made :(

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
The person with the custom exhaust would be me :)

Unfortunately even though the car is so small, it's still a big price for the exhaust work cos the pipes and box etc have to be squished in - my back box is tipped on its side, it wouldn't go on straight cos there wasn't the room. If you have a good guy though, it should be easy enough for them to do.

I really wouldn't bother trying to get extra power from the 1.0 engine; but just make sure it's serviced regularly, have the cambelt changed every 40k or 4 years, and it should give you years of trouble free driving :)

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
:) Thanks.
I'll have a word with Charlie about the exhaust system, Hopefully he can hook me up cheap.
Not worried about performance, its the Mrs car, I was thinking about dropping it like its hot and slapping some dishes on it for a cutesy Lupo type look.

However as the Mrs can't park those dishes would be badly scuffed.
I'm making sure the pedal box is ok, and the gearbox doesn't whine I think the Mrs just turned up and went "ITS RED" BUY BUY BUY

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
The person with the custom exhaust would be me :)

Unfortunately even though the car is so small, it's still a big price for the exhaust work cos the pipes and box etc have to be squished in - my back box is tipped on its side, it wouldn't go on straight cos there wasn't the room. If you have a good guy though, it should be easy enough for them to do.

I really wouldn't bother trying to get extra power from the 1.0 engine; but just make sure it's serviced regularly, have the cambelt changed every 40k or 4 years, and it should give you years of trouble free driving :)

Are you the person I met at one of the VAGOwners meet, The gal with the amazing Arosa with white wheels and stripped out Arosa?!
Your car made me want to buy an Arosa, Now I've managed to get the mrs to get one!

I'm looking at getting a HID Kit or replacement bulbs. What bulb side is the Dipped and Main Beam?

lunalupi

...is not a bloke!
Jul 29, 2006
Wiltshire
Are you the person I met at one of the VAGOwners meet, The gal with the amazing Arosa with white wheels and stripped out Arosa?!
Your car made me want to buy an Arosa, Now I've managed to get the mrs to get one!

I'm looking at getting a HID Kit or replacement bulbs. What bulb side is the Dipped and Main Beam?

It's very possible - Bristol local meet? Thank you for describing him as awesome, that makes me very happy! :D :D

I'm never quite sure about the bulb, I think it's H4 - three prongs on the back laid out as three sides of a square if that helps.

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
It's very possible - Bristol local meet? Thank you for describing him as awesome, that makes me very happy! :D :D

I'm never quite sure about the bulb, I think it's H4 - three prongs on the back laid out as three sides of a square if that helps.

It was indeed!
At some bowling place, I travelled over from Wales the day I saw yours I was so taken aback I told myself that I'd own one soon!

Thanks for the bulbs, I think mine are H3 however as its the facelift model, but we'll find out when they arrive. A mechanic who works at Thompson and Thompson Seat and VW in caldicot is going to take a look at the car for me. See if its the pedal box or the clutch... OR what it is!

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
My mrs took the car to the garage and they said they thing theres a problem with the clutch cable and "Something about a rod" their going to replace it all on tuesday!

Me:
"Did you mention a possible pedal box fault?"

No....

"Their doing it for free though right?"

Dunno....

Sometimes I wonder if shes from this planet!