New Car Issues

Jul 28, 2022
Hi, my new Formentor V2 was delivered on the 21st July. Unfortunately I’ve got a few issues with the car and wanted to see if anyone has any fixes they could share or experienced the same?

1 - rear drivers side window, almost seems like it’s not stuff down properly with the seals and it sticks out from the side of the car.

2 - Is there a way to play Spotify from an iPhone through the media function rather than having to use apple car play? Currently it just brings up my music libary.

3 - Wireless car play, maps don’t work and it constantly freezes, same goes for Spotify, only way to fix it tbh at I can find is the the wifi off from my phone and then reconnect.

4 - wireless charger basically works possibly 10% of the time.

5 - intermittent fault with Auto Stop start, warning light appears saying visit workshop then disappears after the journey.

thanks

Mad Spoons

Spoons
Jun 27, 2005
Yorkshire
On point 2, mine does the same for amazon music using an iPhone. There is no search function so was thinking of swapping to Spotify, but guess I won’t bother.

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Really weird issues :unsure:
Can you take a picture of #1? This sounds like a QA issue, and should be resolved.

#3 Try and see what firmware version your car is running, under settings. If you're on something older than 1896 request an update at a workshop. It can potentially fix a lot of freezing and sluggishness.

#4 try with a different phone aswell, to rule out that variable. If it persists, it should be fixable through warranty.

#5 Sounds annoying. Is it easy to replicate? If it is, you could request it getting checked out under the warranty. But a firmware update might even fix this.
I get something similar every once in a while where it says "Lane assist off" etc. due to an overly sensitive sensor in the front. Basically if it gets dirty it throws a tantrum sometimes.

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
agree 1 and 5 should be fixed by supplier
1 they need to do that
2 can't help use android but spotify plays off my andorid auto connection
3 that could be apple software faullt there have been some issues i have read you could try another phone if you have one
4 as above try a different phone
5 could be low battery charge but definately go to garage ,does it log an error in the software

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I'm not sure about Spotify, but I use YouTube music (well, vanced music) and I just play it via the Bluetooth media connection, I don't use Android Auto as it hammers my battery.

Jonouk1

Formentor V2 190
Aug 1, 2015
Bradford
I agree with your point 4 - Wireless Charging - is pretty much a waste of time for me,
my iPhone won't charge because its in a case, so I have to remove it to get it to charge, but whilst driving the phone moves around on the pad
which stops the wireless charging working so you think you've charged it for an hour but it's only actually been charging for like 10 mins...
maybe I'm doing something wrong? it is the first time I'm using wireless charging..

The voice recognition "HOLA" I've turned it off because it constantly just randomly activates whilst your having any kind of conversation

Overall I am very happy with the car despite a few gremlins.... :)

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2022
Really weird issues :unsure:
Can you take a picture of #1? This sounds like a QA issue, and should be resolved.

#3 Try and see what firmware version your car is running, under settings. If you're on something older than 1896 request an update at a workshop. It can potentially fix a lot of freezing and sluggishness.

#4 try with a different phone aswell, to rule out that variable. If it persists, it should be fixable through warranty.

#5 Sounds annoying. Is it easy to replicate? If it is, you could request it getting checked out under the warranty. But a firmware update might even fix this.
I get something similar every once in a while where it says "Lane assist off" etc. due to an overly sensitive sensor in the front. Basically if it gets dirty it throws a tantrum sometimes.
3C1CA472-C745-438B-9AB1-EF07F937CCC7.jpeg
4529E92A-2CD7-4367-8204-50E78C26FFD5.jpeg

Spivvy

Nov 21, 2021
UK
Check my rears and they look the same
Don't know about anyone else

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Ninjakebab

Apr 12, 2022
Can confirm, that is just how the frames/windows are seated. Really doesn't catch my eye as anything?

Reactions: Doogle
Jul 28, 2022
On point 2, mine does the same for amazon music using an iPhone. There is no search function so was thinking of swapping to Spotify, but guess I won’t bother.
Managed to sort this out okay I g through Spotify.
My phone was connecting to the cars hotspot, which basically stopped Spotify playing. Disconnected it from the hotspot and Spotify plays perfectly through Bluetooth

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members