New Company Car Ordered

47yellow

May 29, 2017
Hi All

Just joined the forum after lurking for a couple of days.

Currently drive a 3 door 2014 Audi A3 Sport. 1.4 COD (140 bhp) as my company car. Current has 103k, new gearbox and clutch fitted courtesy the lease company.

Cracking car, the best company car I've had. The engine is fantastic, so much more flexible and enjoyable when compared to colleagues 2.0. Simple things like being able to stay in third gear around roundabout's. I have to pay for extras. Best option that was a mistake by our fleet manager ACC could not live without it now.

Car is coming up to 3 years old and a new fleet list is out. Has things like Audi A4 Sport 2.0 manual, VW Passat 2.0 DSG SE Business, Passat 1.6 DSG GT.

There is only the wife and I. We don't need a big car and I really want an auto with radar cruise, good standard features and a decent engine.

Spotted on the list was a Seat Leon FR 184 DSG (hatch or ST) after several hours on the configurator I have ordered the following. I've not gone mad on extras as I have to pay list for them within 3 months.

Seat Leon 2.0 TDI 184 DSG FR Hatch
Desire Red
Standard 17" Alloys
Convenience Pack Plus with LED interior light pack
Adaptive Cruise Control

As I deal with our fleet manager updates are difficult to come by. Does anyone know the current lead times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordcupra

Cupra 300 ST, 4Drive
Mar 18, 2017
Wiltshire
Hey, gonna be an excellent car! desire Red is wonderful.

Here is the current lead times as of a week and a half ago:

6GhOxQym.png

Jordcupra

Cupra 300 ST, 4Drive
Mar 18, 2017
Wiltshire
looking at that i think your 13 weeks for the Leon and an additional 8 weeks for the FR and wheels.

I hope it comes quicker than 18 weeks.

I ordered a Cupra at the end of March and i have been told i have a build week of w/c17th July and should get the car Mid August. so about 20 weeks wait. which is shocking given i was told 12 weeks max...

devJORD

OBD11 Wizard
Nov 14, 2014
I just bought one from the stock due to being told a custom order won't be delivered until September. This could be the dealer trying to get me to buy a car that's in stock, but I was pretty persistent on getting a car with ACC which they didn't have. I ended up taking the car they had in stock due to the insurance company only giving me a hire car for 7 days.

Last edited:

47yellow

May 29, 2017
Wow that is a long lead time.

I had a friend who ordered a new F-Pace and it took less than 2 months for a factory build.

With my new clutch and gearbox my A3 feels new again. Hopefully my company will extend the lease rather than swap me out for a hire car.

I went to see the new 2017 Leon at a local dealer. I was impressed with the updates inside, seats supportive and flat bottom steering wheel felt good. The new screen adds to the interior quality. Desire Red looks good in the flesh, I think it adds depth compared to solid red

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
Wow that is a long lead time.

I had a friend who ordered a new F-Pace and it took less than 2 months for a factory build.

Build times with cars are entirely dependant on what the factory is allowing to build. I got lucky with mine as it was out to build without an order but had all the options i wanted so I snapped it up, your mate could have had a similar fortune as mine too only took 8 weeks from purchase to delivery.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.