New Cupra Formentor owner… a bit dissapointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2021
Hello, I am new here and I apologised if there is currently a thread in regards to these issues…

I took delivery of a new formentor V1 1.5tsi a couple of weeks ago (yes I would have preferred a V2 however money is an object)

I had seen them advertised and looked at them and thought they looked really smart, I’ve had fast cars before and rubbish mpg but now I’ve got two kids I needed something comfortable and looked aggressive but not too slow and this seemed to fit the bill however…..

I got this on September 30th and seemed ok a first but soon became apparent that the steering wheel didn’t look as though it was on straight and when driving on a straight road I would have to hold the steering wheel slightly to the right to get it to stay straight otherwise if the steering wheel is centre the car seems to veer towards the left…

I have also had only 3 days into owning it the warning light come on and ‘call sos’ message along with cracklings behind the infotainment console only to be told that CUPRA need to release a software update with no expected time known and I just have to live with it intermittently coming on.

Other issues include the collision warning going off for no reason and the lane assist which could be linked to the steering…..

It just feels like the car was released before it was ready… and even the V1 isn’t a cheap motor…
Has anyone else had similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.