New design...

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
yep the new one looks a bit gay , tho i believe it all stems from pedestrian safety laws , car manufacturers having to raise bonnet levels and such to make cars safer

December

Aug 7, 2006
Cluj-Napoca, North Romania
who me ? buying a brand new car ? :D.. no way :D i hardly had enough money for a used one :D.. which is why i got the old Leon.. :).. but all in all i still like the design more than the new Leon :S

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
i like the interior more on the new one as it looks more classy and interesting, but at the end of the day it looks like a people carrier

December

Aug 7, 2006
RickC said:
i like the interior more on the new one as it looks more classy and interesting, but at the end of the day it looks like a people carrier

Yup.. same with me... but the interior isnt much of a problem since with a little money and time you can customize it just the way you like it :)...

@ jhlcr

i just bought a used Seat Leon built in 2004; its a Diesel, 1900 cmc engine with 110CP (81KW); metal black. It got 108.000km on board and i payed 10500 euros for it.

Pictures coming soon; i want to style it up a little first :D.

I'm thinking of covering the dashboard with leather and the seats with some fluffy material :D; + i'm looking @ sound systems and GPS. I don't want much of a sound system though;

Also i got the dashboard with the "silver plastic" in the middle. Can i use some sort of black plastic paint to make it all black ? or should i use something else ?

Also the "thinggy" that controls the direction in which the air blows from the dashboard, on the right side (not driver side) is broken.. any idea how much a new one will cost ? Can i get a new one ?

( Not completly broken.. but it comes loose :|.. )

Last edited:

Paul_W

Jul 23, 2006
Rutland
I agree. When I change from my Leon SE I'll be aiming for a MK1 Cupra. When you see one you instantly know what it is. When I saw the MK2 at the motor show I had to look at the badge to see if it was the cupra or not. With it being the big spoty version is should stand out from the rest of the range. Just doesn't look special enough.

jhlcr

Jan 30, 2006
could you not find a black one and fit it? are there a lot of leons out there mate?

December

Aug 7, 2006
north romania is full of VW Golf and VW Passat :\ Everyone buys used cars from Austria/Germany because most can't afford a new one.. and because even if they're used they're still better than the cars made here.

Actually Renault bought the car brand here ( Dacia ) so most have Renault engines now but appart from that they're still crappy.

And no.. there aren't that many Seat cars here; I live in a very big city and we have a Seat dealer here.. might i find one there ?

December

Aug 7, 2006
jhlcr said:
ebay? what car you have before?

Its my first car :).. I'm only 20. Thats why i'm such a newbie about everything.

And no... no ebay... for a good couple of years now the taxes for imported used cars were quite lowso alot of unemployed people buy cars from Germany/Austria and sell them here +1000 euros or so. Thats how i got it; from one of those people. I had it check at the dealer and everything so the car is ok.. but i also didn't receive a manual with it.. so i'm clueless about alot of stuff :|.

Anyway starting September the taxes will reach about 3000 euros for every used car and 5000~6000 euros starting 2007. So this whole "used cars" trend will end.