New Hybrid

Peller

Mar 29, 2016
Edinburgh
My dealer has a demo hybrid Leon in 1st edition FR form. Gonna have a go myself next week even though I waiting for a Cupra.

I'll give you my thoughts after driving it. Tbh I'm not expecting much as the previous model near enough nailed it.

89427aa162f06887514f5bf69590266b.jpg

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

jay-bob 25

Jun 18, 2004
had my fr first addition 2 weeks now drives very well after coming from 2 ltr fr diesel 184 , had to go back with water in boot well, but picked it back up yesterday and it was rubber grommet not fitted right . touch screen taking a bit of getting used to not so good using while driving but practice makes perfect as they say , the lane assist gets a bit annoying driving down country lanes other than that i like it

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
So anyone driven the PHEV version ? I saw boot capacity going down significantly... 270 liters

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
On the Mk.7 Golf GTE, it effectively filled the underfloor portion of the boot. I would imagine that it's similar in the new cars too.

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
I can manage with 470 litres but my main concern is that if battery is depleted do I still have non stop the 204 bhp ? Or do I need to recharge in order to again have the 204 bhp ? Really confused and I do not seem to find anywhere this kind of info in order to understand if the 204 bhp are available anytime.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
As I've said to you before... the battery is NEVER empty. This is not a new powertrain- it's the same as in the Golf GTE for the past few years. The full 204PS is available all the time, because the battery is kept at a minimum level when driving to be able to do that.

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
As I've said to you before... the battery is NEVER empty. This is not a new powertrain- it's the same as in the Golf GTE for the past few years. The full 204PS is available all the time, because the battery is kept at a minimum level when driving to be able to do that.
You know this because you own one or how ? sorry to ask so many time but my dealer said differently. battery dead = loss of electric motor, recharge needed.

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Based on the behaviour of EVERY hybrid car out there, and the fact that Li-ion batteries really do not like being totally discharged.
Plus descriptions of how the GTE behaves, which is the exact same powertrain.

When the battery is low, you lose the ability to operate in EV mode. That might be what the dealer is thinking.

corbu33

Oct 24, 2020
Probably. Will ask again if it is pure EV or that I lose the 204BHP ... because it is a huge difference... and in Hybrid mode (I mean with all 204 BHP available, how many km I might drive ?)

italianjob

Oct 21, 2014
Middlesbrough

I think I understand what corbu33 is saying, When the battery is 'flat' because you've depleted the 30 mile battery range do you the not have the full 201bhp and 350Nm of torque as the battery can't power the electric motor sufficiently?

So are you then only getting the ~148BHP from the engine and no extra ooomph from the battery?

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
tenor.gif

NO.

THE BATTERY IS NEVER FLAT

THE PETROL MOTOR WILL KEEP A BUFFER IN THE BATTERY, YOU ALWAYS HAVE THE FULL POWER AVAILABLE IF YOU FLOOR IT.

Deleted member 123864

So you can floor it forever? And the battery will never deplete? So you’ll always have the full 204bhp even if you drive with your foot flat to the mat for 500 miles?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.