New infotainment theme (work in progress)

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Hi all,

Some time ago, I started working on an improved version of the infotainment theme, after having moved from a VW to Seat. The user interface felt a bit dated and not really in line with the virtual cockpit, so I deciced I should make some improvements.
The main design principles are like this:
- Styled like the Virtual Cockpit
- Non-distracting
- Easy to understand
- No loss of functionality
- As much "Dark-mode" as possible.

So here are a few updates I've made so far. Note: these are all progress shots I've made somewhere along the way. The user interface is made up of many elements, and I'm addressing them one-at-a-time.

Offroad screen
- dials now have the same theme as Active Info Display
- Removed the (in my opionion) tacky carbon fiber background
- Improved texture quality on the tire
2KNSyjr.gif

Main menu
- Updated the main menu to have Seat Mk4 infotainment buttons (cleaner and easier to understand at a quick glance)
- Removed background
- Note: this is an old shot, I've since then updated the Seat Connect and Vehicle buttons to be more accurate ;-)
FJnZVA8.gif

Sport / Performance monitor
- Removed the background (not visible in this image)
- Updated the dials to match the Virtual Cockpit and Offroad mode. (I always felt the sport and offroad screens didn't have the same style)

RR9UI33.gif

Statistics screen
- Removed background (let's get rid of that Halfords carbon)
- Inserted my own car in all screens
- Fixed the fuel icon. (It always appeared to me like someone didn't remove the background on the inside of the icon)
-
5utKiF6.gif

I also made some changes to the Radio stations buttons, removing the dark background from them, and I'm currently working on the biggest change yet: updating the bulky corner-buttons. A quick and dirty mockup can be seen here:
CsKBIWO.gif

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Sorry if the question is daft but how would we get it installed in our cars once it's done?

Reactions: Chillout

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
This looks great! and the colour of the car is correct haha

Love to give this a go!

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
Thanks all!

All graphics are saved in 1 big container-file. On MIB2High (Navigation Plus) units,you can install it with my MIB2 Toolbox :)

Awesome! Can we get a Mag Grey ST too in the graphics please? :D

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
It wasn't a thing until I got frustrated with the default VW image I had on my previous car :ROFLMAO:

It doesn't mess with your virtual cockpit. Still looking for ways to mess with the cockpit though :devilish:

Tell

Staff member
I don't like the carbon, visually distracts. For us with flashes and floaters we have enough visual distraction and need a clean black background why I never enable it. Ditto getting rid of all reflective strips in the car.

How is the mastering of Mib3 going ?.

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
I don't like the carbon, visually distracts. For us with flashes and floaters we have enough visual distraction and need a clean black background why I never enable it. Ditto getting rid of all reflective strips in the car.

How is the mastering of Mib3 going ?.

I totally agree. The current version of the theme is totally without these carbon backgrounds. Currently working on all "3d" items in the theme, like the corner buttons, radio controls, etc. It's getting much cleaner!

MIB3: I haven't touched the hardware yet. I've spent a lot of time digging through the software. I hope we are able to retrofit MIB3 in the Leon. I expect this will be possible somewhere in the future, because Golf GTI gets MIB3 in the USA currently..

Would happy to test it. Or is it not ready? Cheers. :)

It's far from ready, but I'm using it in my daily driver already. The theme consists of about 2000 separate images that are layered on top of each other. It's a lot of work to find out what is what, and changing one thing (like the buttons at the corners of the screen) means changing a lot of other graphics.
I'm thinking about selling the theme for a small amount, something like €5 or €10 or so. I haven't decided yet, but after seeing both my Performance Monitor and Mib2 toolkit being sold for ridiculous prices by some shady companies, I am hesitant about giving labor-intensive stuff like this away for free again.

Zer0

Jun 22, 2019
I totally agree. The current version of the theme is totally without these carbon backgrounds. Currently working on all "3d" items in the theme, like the corner buttons, radio controls, etc. It's getting much cleaner!

MIB3: I haven't touched the hardware yet. I've spent a lot of time digging through the software. I hope we are able to retrofit MIB3 in the Leon. I expect this will be possible somewhere in the future, because Golf GTI gets MIB3 in the USA currently..

It's far from ready, but I'm using it in my daily driver already. The theme consists of about 2000 separate images that are layered on top of each other. It's a lot of work to find out what is what, and changing one thing (like the buttons at the corners of the screen) means changing a lot of other graphics.
I'm thinking about selling the theme for a small amount, something like €5 or €10 or so. I haven't decided yet, but after seeing both my Performance Monitor and Mib2 toolkit being sold for ridiculous prices by some shady companies, I am hesitant about giving labor-intensive stuff like this away for free again.

Sure sounds fair enough :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.