New Leon FR delivered at last! Couple of points/questions.

kshuker

Jan 26, 2014
Crewe, Cheshire
Hi guys

Finally got my (very bright) Lima green FR 184 SC delivered. I love the colour, my missus hates it!!

First impressions are that it's great. Much better built than my wife's mk2 Leon and it's a nicer place to be than my previous BMW 320d (loads more kit, engine is quieter, (unless you press the Sport button! :) ) start/stop is smoother - just off the top of my head).

The reverse tilt mirror works fine, so I'm guessing mine is a later build that has this sorted. I ordered in November through my company car scheme but it was delivered this week. How can I find when it was built?

From the other threads, I think my interior might be a bit different though. I've seen pictures of the cubby hole under the climate controls that have covers that open and close. Mine doesn't. It has a strip of chrome above but then it's all open. It has a nice rubber mat inside to stop things slipping around. Is this a change to the earlier cars does anyone know? It's not an issue just surprised.

It rides reasonably well on 18s, not quite as good as my 320 which had 16s (normal tyres not run-flats) but I expected that and it's in keeping with the character. Not harsh by any stretch.

I'll miss the rear wheel drive of the BMW but so far no complaints at all. Well chuffed!

Economy seems like it will be on par with the Beemer too, which considering it's 20bhp up my old car is pretty good. Smallish fuel tank at 50 litres though.

All in all - a cracking car - love it!

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Hey mate. I love the green (and so does the missus).

Yes on the cubby hole. They binned the door off as it kept breaking. You also won't have a little net in the boot, headlight washer jets if you didn't spec the winter pack and a few other bits I forget.

I came from a 335d and mine still puts a smile on my face (especially when I get my payslip each month and it costs half as much!)

Last edited:

kshuker

Jan 26, 2014
Crewe, Cheshire
Cheers mate - wasn't aware they'd changed the interior or the other things. You're right, no boot net!

Yep, looking forward to saving a few quid each month too!! :)

phil750

Jul 24, 2012
the cubby whole at the front is one of the best things on the car! as silly as that sounds, i absolutely love it! , put my phone in it and glasses that i need to drive.

Great colour choice too!

kshuker

Jan 26, 2014
Crewe, Cheshire
cubby hole is a great home for phones! I like that the system reminds you to take it with you when you switch the ignition off too.

Green is the way forward, just got to convince my missus. On the plus side, at least she won't want to drive it!

ibizasc-chris

Ibiza SC Sport Driver
Oct 7, 2008
Enjoy your new car,I'm sure you will.... I haven't seen that colour in the flesh or not in a brochure, if you could get a photo up that would be cool so I can see what it looks like.

kshuker

Jan 26, 2014
Crewe, Cheshire
Cheers mate. I'll try and post some pics tomorrow.

The configurator doesn't show the colour anything like how it is in the flesh. It's much brighter than the tool shows. My local dealer had one in and as soon as I'd seen it there were no other options!

MikeFr

Mar 3, 2014
Enjoy your new toy. I love the colour but I'm not brave enough.
I think the ride is great for a sporty car.Just been out for a spin in mine. Just noticed the lights on door cards white in normal red in sport. Thought it was an option that i didn't have. Is it an option or standard on fr?

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
Congrats on the new car and I like the color, just not for me really :)
It's a color that stands out so you will get quite a lot of heads turning.
There was a similar green Scirocco around my way last year and that really stood out!

Cubby hole flap no longer fitted as standard but I recall someone saying that seat do it as an option now if you wanted the flap

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
The reverse tilt mirror works fine, so I'm guessing mine is a later build that has this sorted. I ordered in November through my company car scheme but it was delivered this week. How can I find when it was built?

Grats on your new motor, looks good. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. You can find out when your car was built by putting in your VIN number on this parts website: Link

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.