New Member from Shropshire

stretford35

Apr 16, 2019
Hello everyone,

I’ve been lurking on the forum for a while but I haven’t posted before so wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.

I’ve owned my 67 plate Cupra ST 4Drive for just under a year after moving across from a Focus ST. Thanks to @SteA for pointing me in the direction of the Cupra – I was about to pull the trigger on a Golf R until he showed me the error of my ways It’s a great car, much more grown up than the Focus and I’ve been very pleased with it. I'll add some photo's once I've figured out how.

I have to say, this is an amazing community. I’ve picked up so many tips and tricks from the huge amount of information that’s available here – massive thanks to you all.

Things on my to do list;
· Get it remapped
· Have the res delete done (had no idea this was even a thing before I saw it on here)

That’s about it really for now but I’m sure it won’t be too much longer before I’m taking more inspiration from you guys

Cheers!

Reactions: Jimbobcook

stretford35

Apr 16, 2019
edit - I completely missed the upload a file button. Doh! here are a couple of pics.
IMG_3176.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg

Reactions: louiskopite

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Welcome to the forum

Seems to be a few people moving over from the ST to the Cupra I have recent months.

Glad you're a fan and you do realise that now you have a list of mods it will never end haha make sure you've upgraded the lower engine mounts before the remap so you don't get much wheel hop under power.

Also if you like a nice drive we have a forum meet in Doncaster on 1st of September with plenty of cars with mods that you could look at and add to your list... We love spending peoples money haha we even have a 500bhp Leon there if you fancy that as a point of perfection lol

If you fancy it if you go to the following thread and either let me know on this thread or just say I'm in or something on that thread I'll get you added to the private chat with location etc.

https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/doncaster-forum-meet-01-09-19.452466/

Cheers

stretford35

Apr 16, 2019
Nice one thanks, sadly I can't make it to the meet; I'm in Vegas that week. Next time though for sure.

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
Welcome!

It's a very nice car!

Where are you planning on getting the res delete and remap from?

@PP Gareth works for one of our forum sponsors which offer both of those :) Maybe he can help you work out what is best for you and your car and you can get something booked in when you're ready!

Also, Vegas....not jealous at all. None whatsoever. Nope. Not me. :no::cry:

stretford35

Apr 16, 2019
Thanks Paddy; I'll reach out to @PP Gareth via PM - I see from your build thread (BTW thats some car you have there) that those guys are highly recommended. A friend has also given me a contact at P-Torque in Wolves. I'll probably get a couple of quotes and go from there. I'm leaning towards PP / VAG Manchester because it looks like they also offer servicing and it would probably make sense for the guys that did the work to also service the car given its still under warranty.

Yeah Vegas, it should be fun. I work for a tech company and they're flying us out for the annual sales conference; aka mahoosive p1ss up! LOL.

Reactions: paddy6789

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
I can't recommend them enough - they're the only guys I'd trust with my car :) I'm sure @PP Gareth will be able to assist in anything you need advice on parts/software wise.

The furthest I've ever been for work was Dublin for an Avaya tech forum...which involved the Guinness Storehouse from 7pm until like 2am, and a very bad headache the next day.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members