New member from the Netherlands

Feb 1, 2024
Hi all,

I am new in this forum and hope to find valuable knowledge and experience for using and maintaining my CUPRA Leon Sportstourer 1.5 eTSI.
I recently bought it with only 6600km on the ODO meter and about 8 months old.
My path for selection went as follows:
- SEAT Leon PHEV vs CUPRA PHEV => CUPRA
- CUPRA Leon PHEV vs CUPRA Formentor PHEV => CUPRA Leon PHEV
Then dropping the PHEV models and started looking for Mild-Hybrid; options: Ford Focus ST 1.0 ecoboost, Mazda CX-30
Then I discovered there were CUPRA Leon 1.5 eTSI cars available as import cars (from Denmark and Germany)
So started to compare those against the Ford Focus and finally the decided for the CUPRA Leon 1.5 eTSI
Criteria which were driving the decision were:
- Smaller and lighter station car (estate) than I had (Mazda 2.2 CiTD GT-M)
- No SUV, but lower on the wheels for good stability in curves (like I had with my Mazda)
- Sufficient horsepower for at least or a bit better accelleration as my Mazda 6 GT-M
- Sufficient storage volume in the trunk
- Modern and flexible infotainment system
The trigger that caused me looking at a Leon was driving a Leon as a rental car for my work abroad. Most of the times I had SUVs and I often find them driving like a tank, i.e. high on the wheels with and a big weight.

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi all,

I am new in this forum and hope to find valuable knowledge and experience for using and maintaining my CUPRA Leon Sportstourer 1.5 eTSI.
I recently bought it with only 6600km on the ODO meter and about 8 months old.
My path for selection went as follows:
- SEAT Leon PHEV vs CUPRA PHEV => CUPRA
- CUPRA Leon PHEV vs CUPRA Formentor PHEV => CUPRA Leon PHEV
Then dropping the PHEV models and started looking for Mild-Hybrid; options: Ford Focus ST 1.0 ecoboost, Mazda CX-30
Then I discovered there were CUPRA Leon 1.5 eTSI cars available as import cars (from Denmark and Germany)
So started to compare those against the Ford Focus and finally the decided for the CUPRA Leon 1.5 eTSI
Criteria which were driving the decision were:
- Smaller and lighter station car (estate) than I had (Mazda 2.2 CiTD GT-M)
- No SUV, but lower on the wheels for good stability in curves (like I had with my Mazda)
- Sufficient horsepower for at least or a bit better accelleration as my Mazda 6 GT-M
- Sufficient storage volume in the trunk
- Modern and flexible infotainment system
The trigger that caused me looking at a Leon was driving a Leon as a rental car for my work abroad. Most of the times I had SUVs and I often find them driving like a tank, i.e. high on the wheels with and a big weight.
Welcome to SCN, I too think the Leon is a better car for being a hatchback, as SUV's just don't handle as well and have more bulk to carry round too.

Reactions: fstok
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.