Robsta71

Apr 29, 2022
Hi everyone second time been a member on here. Previously owned 2 leon fr's then went to the dark side with golf gtd. Just received my cupra vz1 nevada white after a 10 month wait. Just waiting to get ceramic coated. Will post some pics once done. A bit disappointed with no engine cover been told shortage of that part but read on here seems it was a fire risk and new ones are been made can someone please confirm this

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
Hi everyone second time been a member on here. Previously owned 2 leon fr's then went to the dark side with golf gtd. Just received my cupra vz1 nevada white after a 10 month wait. Just waiting to get ceramic coated. Will post some pics once done. A bit disappointed with no engine cover been told shortage of that part but read on here seems it was a fire risk and new ones are been made can someone please confirm this
Welcome @Robsta71. I’m not sure if there’s a shortage of engine covers; you are correct that your car doesn’t have an engine cover as it has been identified as a potential fire hazard - that’s assuming it’s the same generic cover that’s used in the VW Golf GTI and R models. A new version of the cover that’s fit for purpose is to be designed and supplied in due course.

With the mk8 Golf GTI and R models it was discovered that the engine cover may work loose and touch parts of the engine when it’s hot, with the risk of it causing a fire. With the Golf, dealers are removing the engine cover of any affected vehicle if / when it’s next at the dealership. I believe that for all other affected vehicles not visiting dealerships, owners are being asked to remove the cover themselves.

Reactions: Robsta71