New old returning member

welshy46

Dec 6, 2015
Maanchestorr
Hi all. After signing up to the site around 5 to 6 years ago I thought it would be about time to introduce myself. The MK1 Leon Cupra I had when I originally signed up to this site is bean tins now, but I just bought another one.

Had a few years with other cars, MK2 MR2, should be illegal to have that much fun in a metal box. A shed of a Honda Accord with over a quarter of a million miles that refused to die. A Corsa diesel, friends shouldn't let friends buy Vauxhall's. Along with a venerable MK1 focus ST170 which I still own.

I bought my latest Cupra after I was looking for a diesel daily to use for work. To save miles and petrol money on the ST170. I was only curious at the prices of Cupras when I found a bone stock low mileage 02 Cupra 180 for a good price.

After buying it I kept telling myself I would leave it stock and keep the miles down for resale value. That lasted about a week.

So far I have done all the deletes, evap, SAI et al. It had some minor boost issues because of old worn out pipework. Installed a silicone TIP, cold side diverter valve with a Forge DV. Stuck a boost gauge in a vent pod which some chap had 3D printed, ain't technology great.

I'm now looking to stage 2 tune it once I have a FMIC and aftermarket exhaust. Along with the bigger MAF, fuel pump, fuel reg and injectors. I've got a set of Eibach lowering springs and a Proram pod filter winging their way to me. Hopefully keep me busy this weekend or next. It's not if my diary is overflowing with things to do given the present situation.

I like to do my own work on my car, or more correctly put I'm too tight to pay a mechanic to do something I can do myself.

Reactions: Syphon

welshy46

Dec 6, 2015
Maanchestorr
Thankfully with world events this is the only bug I've got😷. Some sweet medicine arrived earlier today in the form of a set of Eibach pro kit lowering springs. I'll finally get to use the spring compressors I bought 5 years ago and never got around to using. That was for my last Cupra turns out it just needed better tyres.

Reactions: Syphon

Jay20VT

The 'R' In CupRa
Jul 23, 2004
N.London
Hi all. After signing up to the site around 5 to 6 years ago I thought it would be about time to introduce myself. The MK1 Leon Cupra I had when I originally signed up to this site is bean tins now, but I just bought another one.

Had a few years with other cars, MK2 MR2, should be illegal to have that much fun in a metal box. A shed of a Honda Accord with over a quarter of a million miles that refused to die. A Corsa diesel, friends shouldn't let friends buy Vauxhall's. Along with a venerable MK1 focus ST170 which I still own.

I bought my latest Cupra after I was looking for a diesel daily to use for work. To save miles and petrol money on the ST170. I was only curious at the prices of Cupras when I found a bone stock low mileage 02 Cupra 180 for a good price.

After buying it I kept telling myself I would leave it stock and keep the miles down for resale value. That lasted about a week.

So far I have done all the deletes, evap, SAI et al. It had some minor boost issues because of old worn out pipework. Installed a silicone TIP, cold side diverter valve with a Forge DV. Stuck a boost gauge in a vent pod which some chap had 3D printed, ain't technology great.

I'm now looking to stage 2 tune it once I have a FMIC and aftermarket exhaust. Along with the bigger MAF, fuel pump, fuel reg and injectors. I've got a set of Eibach lowering springs and a Proram pod filter winging their way to me. Hopefully keep me busy this weekend or next. It's not if my diary is overflowing with things to do given the present situation.

I like to do my own work on my car, or more correctly put I'm too tight to pay a mechanic to do something I can do myself.
Any pics?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members