New owner. Ibiza Sport PD130 Daily.

chrismc

Aug 31, 2020
Highworth, Wiltshire
Hi all.

Former CGTi regular but been out of the VAG scene for ages now.

Have just picked up possibly the bargain of the century as my new daily driver. A 53 plate PD130 Ibiza Sport. 150k miles, a few wee battle scars- but can’t argue at £150!!!!

Have already bought a stage 1 remap file to pep it up, shim kit for the gearbox & a few bits

Should make for a frugal but fun & reliable daily car so I can save my DC2 for the nice weather.

I remember going in a mk1 Fabia VRS with a Revo map back when they were new & was really impressed- so I’m hoping the Ibiza will be just as good!

Chris
32E4DA80-9432-426A-8558-673A83DE0D92.jpeg
7C7156CA-2E09-42B8-BBEE-5A92BF774E23.jpeg

Reactions: Syphon

chrismc

Aug 31, 2020
Highworth, Wiltshire
Thanks. I’ve never really lucked-in with such a bargain before, but for such a cheap purchase price I can afford to spend a few quid tidying it up.

Purchases thus far:

Replacement mats
Replacement Cup Holder
X4 wheel centre caps
Headunit 6CD interface Bluetooth adapter
Gear gaiter
OSF fog light grille
Headlight restoration kit
Workshop manual.
Replacement TDi emblem for the hatch (pink & faded)
FADR Stage 1, EGR off map file (hopefully clutch/DMF friendly ~165hp)

It needs the front arb bushes replacing (supplied) & a pair of tyres, then should be MOT-able.

Longer term il need to adjust handbrake, bleed the brakes & source a new passenger wing... all easy & cheap enough to do though!

chrismc

Aug 31, 2020
Highworth, Wiltshire
Car is still running strongly with new map. Dogbone bush now updated to a powerflex purple jobber

Console bush, TT brakes, OEM dampers & PI -45mm springs to follow.

Jul 11, 2021
chrismc,how did you find the TT brakes (I mean which type/model fits on the Ibiza Sport) and front or rear?
I'm looking to upgrade the brakes on my one but I need some serious stuff and not sure what would that be...
Currently got Brembo pads and discs with vented ones on the front but I'm looking to upgrade the whole braking system to something that can handle high speed brakings (not trackdays but german motorway is my goal).

Thanks

chrismc

Aug 31, 2020
Highworth, Wiltshire
chrismc,how did you find the TT brakes (I mean which type/model fits on the Ibiza Sport) and front or rear?
I'm looking to upgrade the brakes on my one but I need some serious stuff and not sure what would that be...
Currently got Brembo pads and discs with vented ones on the front but I'm looking to upgrade the whole braking system to something that can handle high speed brakings (not trackdays but german motorway is my goal).

Thanks
I’m just about to fit my 312mm front setup.

For a PD130 using 288 as standard up front you need discs, pads, calipers, carriers from a mk1 TT/mk4 Golf, S3, Octy VRS. Straight swap.

Rear end is solid 256 discs standard- but you can go to a vented 256 setup I believe