New Owner Saying Hi!

Cubbington

Mar 26, 2024
UK
Hi There,

I've been lurking a while whilst looking at buying my new (to me) car, and nice to see such a friendly community, so wanted to say hi and thank you for the information I've picked up so far!

I picked up my Desire Red 2020 Leon 300 ST 4 Drive a couple of weeks ago, and having covered almost 1k miles already, I'm very impressed with it.

Whilst a few badly touched in stone chips (which I'll get sorted properly at some point), and evidence of the previous owner having used a mix of superglue and sticky pads to fit gearshift paddle extenders (and dripping glue on the centre console...why?!), it's in otherwise excellent condition, with unmarked seats, clean wheels and no evidence of crash damage/repairs, the issues above are cosmetic and can be fixed...although regularly carrying kayaks and dive gear, it's going to get bruised, no matter how hard I try to keep it in good condition :rolleyes:

Not planning on any major mods, apart from sound deadening boot and doors, and Seat Sound and Adaptive Cruise Control retrofits over the coming months, as I do a lot of miles, and these will make it a nicer place to be in on long journeys.

Having come from a VW Arteon 1.4 PHEV, the Leon is a very different beast, having almost double the power and a few hundred kilos less weight...it's nice to have power, grip and decent brakes...I just need to be careful with my right foot :sneaky:

Cheers,

Nick

Reactions: cuthound

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi There,

I've been lurking a while whilst looking at buying my new (to me) car, and nice to see such a friendly community, so wanted to say hi and thank you for the information I've picked up so far!

I picked up my Desire Red 2020 Leon 300 ST 4 Drive a couple of weeks ago, and having covered almost 1k miles already, I'm very impressed with it.

Whilst a few badly touched in stone chips (which I'll get sorted properly at some point), and evidence of the previous owner having used a mix of superglue and sticky pads to fit gearshift paddle extenders (and dripping glue on the centre console...why?!), it's in otherwise excellent condition, with unmarked seats, clean wheels and no evidence of crash damage/repairs, the issues above are cosmetic and can be fixed...although regularly carrying kayaks and dive gear, it's going to get bruised, no matter how hard I try to keep it in good condition :rolleyes:

Not planning on any major mods, apart from sound deadening boot and doors, and Seat Sound and Adaptive Cruise Control retrofits over the coming months, as I do a lot of miles, and these will make it a nicer place to be in on long journeys.

Having come from a VW Arteon 1.4 PHEV, the Leon is a very different beast, having almost double the power and a few hundred kilos less weight...it's nice to have power, grip and decent brakes...I just need to be careful with my right foot :sneaky:

Cheers,

Nick
Welcome to SCN, hope the Leon keeps up the job, enjoy.

Reactions: Cubbington