New to diesel and Seat.

wef24

Hi Guys
Got myself a 2008 Leon Tdi 140bhp last Nov engine code is BKZ (as far as I can remember) Here's my problem, I cant work out if its a PD engine or not. :help:Anyone help?? Thanks in advance.:confused::confused::confused:

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
BKZ is a 4.0 litre 280 horsepower common-rail V8, as far as I can tell. It is more likely that you have BKD, which is a 2.0 litre 140 horsepower PD diesel.

Almost all the TDI's are PD apart from the earliest ones, the TDI 90 and 110.

One way to tell is to look for the injectors in the cylinder head. If you can see them, fed by metal tubes from the injection pump, then you have a non-PD engine. If you can't see any injectors, and the fuel lines go to a pump at one end of the cylinder head, they you've got a PD engine, where the injectors are inside the rocker cover.

Both types have glow plugs which are also external. They might look a bit like injectors, but only have wiring connected to them.

Last edited:

wef24

Thanks Muttley:funk:
BKZ, I wish (where has all that extra power went) lol

BKD sounds much better, will have a look next time I have bonnet up. (stuck in ma bed after havin opp on lower back):headhurt:

Thanks again:D:D
Edd.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
The 4-cylinder common rail engines are very new, though. The larger six and eight cylinder diesels have been CR for a while.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Muttley; "BKZ is a 4.0 litre 280 horsepower common-rail V8, as far as I can tell" - quality bit of confusion there.

Your car WILL be a 2.0lt 16v tdi pd engine. Seat never used a none 2.0 tdi none pd engine apart from the CRs but they are 2009 onward.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members