New to Page

Phillipo

Feb 20, 2021
Hi, recently bought my first Seat, Althea XL 1.9 TDI and loving it! Also my first diesel car👍 Planning on replace rear brake discs and pads soon, so looking for any tips, cheers Phil.

Reactions: jcbmally

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Welcome along enjoy your stay. The brakes in the rear are pretty straight forwards mate I think the hardest part will be if you need to undo the carrier bolts to remove your discs can be abit tuff. Some cars you can get away with not removing the carrier depends on how small your rear discs are.

Reactions: Phillipo

Phillipo

Feb 20, 2021
Welcome along enjoy your stay. The brakes in the rear are pretty straight forwards mate I think the hardest part will be if you need to undo the carrier bolts to remove your discs can be abit tuff. Some cars you can get away with not removing the carrier depends on how small your rear discs are.
Cheers, I appreciate all the help I can. I’ve owned a few VW in my youth... many years ago and hoping Seat are similar.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Yea buddy yours should be basically the same as a mk5 golf underneath that body. You’ll need a triple square to undo the bolts to get the carrier bolts off. I’ll find you a link to a guide so you know what size it is hang on mate.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020

There you go, the tools needed is there mate. Hope this helps. You probably already know what your doing but maybe this post will help someone else in years to come. Shout me if you did get stuck.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Also I will say one thing is that expect one of the rear callipers to be seized as they are common for that. Everytime I do one and is hasn’t got a seized calliper I’m surprised lol hopefully not gonna be the case for you tho.

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Just out of interest what year is your seat? Just wanna make sure I’m not giving you duff info I’m assuming it’s around 2008 shape?

Phillipo

Feb 20, 2021
Thank you, I’m hoping they’re not seized as the pads are nearly on the limit, thanks for the video👍Great help.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Hi, recently bought my first Seat, Althea XL 1.9 TDI and loving it! Also my first diesel car👍 Planning on replace rear brake discs and pads soon, so looking for any tips, cheers Phil.
Welcome mate, a load of friendly and clever people on here.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members