New tyres

Dwelsh290

Feb 7, 2021
No doubt this has been asked many times before but just looking for the latest recommendations..

Replacing my front tyres at the end of the month currently running eagle f1 supersports 225/35/r19...These have been pretty solid just wondering what everyone else would recommend

Cheers

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
Depends what you want from them. I run Michelin CrossClimate+ tyres all year round and found them perfect for general use all year round.

There are probably better tyres out there if you want more 'sporty' grip and performance. On my 270bhp Focus ST I used to run Eagle F1 Assy's and they were fantastic (in the summer).

Reactions: Dwelsh290

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
By your tyre size, I guess you have a Cupra? If yes (though I thought those were 235/35s), then probably stick with the GY SS or you could try the Michelin PS4S.
If you have an FR, then probably most premium tyres would suffice, eg...Michelin Primacy/Crossclimates / GY Efficient Grip2/AS5 / Pirelli P7s / Bridgestones T005 etc.

Woody_72

May 10, 2020
Northwest England
Just had a look at the Michelin Crossclimates after seeing this thread. Not cheap but they sound fantastic. Good year round tyre but with the performance of a snow tyre if it actually snows :unsure:.

stugee106

Jul 2, 2021
Reading with interest as my 19's need new tyres, just put the winter 18's on and cant believe how much nicer the car is to drive. Contemplating selling the 19's and getting new summer wheels!

Speedbird

Aug 10, 2018
Just had a look at the Michelin Crossclimates after seeing this thread. Not cheap but they sound fantastic. Good year round tyre but with the performance of a snow tyre if it actually snows :unsure:.

We had a good amount of snow last winter and I got to test them out in some decent snow:

The hill at 10 seconds in the video is steeper than it looks, and it was untreated surface and fresh snow. Also did it again from a standing start at 40 seconds, no problems.

My Leon performed as good in the snow as my old 4WD Kuga did with all seasons on.

They are also really good in summer, have never really been wanting more grip or performance, and I don't hang about.

Reactions: Woody_72

Fishbowlhead

Mk3 CupraST 280
Nov 20, 2020
Just bare in mind if you have 19’s on a cupra you can’t get Michelin cross climates, at least you couldn’t last year.