New VAG Addition...

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Took a little finding but patients has paid off as I think I found a good one at a great price ... Golf 25th Anniversary GTI (TDI)

1 owner from new, full service history, all reciepts, 59k. As we all know with new cars the first thing is to give it a clean ....

cleaning.jpg

Started with interior yesterday ... cleaned up lovely

Interior.jpg

today a bit of AutGlym Ultra Deep Shine + Extra Gloss Protection made it looks like this....

front.jpg

rear.jpg

Overall we are very happy, we wanted something cheaper than the 330 convertible and economical - this has done the trick, drives great and looks good.

Does need a few bits sorting which I will be getting done over the next couple of weeks - due for a cambelt, repaint bump strips (couple of marks on them), new VW supplied BBS RC alloys which will finish it off nicely.

Now all I have to do each day is deceide which GTI I want to use :D

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Looks good Neil, although I have to throw in a "you tart" for cleaning it so well.

Got new floor mats on order as well?

I'm a bit confused about the wheels though!?!

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
I will be getting some new mats ;)

The chrome version of these wheels are prone to corrosion and most Anniversary's have had the replaced under warranty - as I was buying from the original owner I asked him about and he had never had them replaced, he checked with the dealer he purchased it from and he said they would take a look - anyway after collecting the car I called in at the dealer and he took some photo's and spoke to VW. I got an answer phone message approx an hour later saying VW would contribute 75% towards the replacement - good times!

Edit: if you look on the front shot you can just see the corrosion on the wheels - quite bad in the flesh

So I went to my local dealer, told them and its booked in next week to have all four replaced - cost to me just a touch over £200 which I am happy with. The only down side is the replacement wheels no longer come with the chrome finish just a hyper silver - as the chrome will only corrode after a short time anyway.

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
At the dealer tomorrow for the new wheels which are painted now not chrome - I would prefer the chrome look but I dont want to be replacing or repainting again in another 12months.

Will post up a pic with the new wheels on tomorrow.

Good news is the Mrs loves it too. I feel its one of the best looking and with being an anniversary model doesnt seem to age as bad as the others as there is something special about it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 13581

Lovely mate.

Really like these. Love the front seats.

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Well this is the Mrs' car but I will be using it quite a bit I imagine - uses less fuel than the Mk5 GTI !

Yes they will be original BBS wheels supplied by the main dealer. just they dont come in the mirror finish anymore as they 'always' corrode.

I had a Mk4 GTI when they first came out, its aged pretty well. That was a 5dr though and I must admit this looks much better.

Andy, Its not a 'big' car at all, you should get her to try one.

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Billy - BBS CH's?? I would love a set on My Ibiza! Although I think I would go for 18's. 19's are just a touch to big, love the cars too! ;)

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
:lol:

Edit: You do know he had it Revo'd AND Miltek'd practically the day he had it? In fact it was only 2 weeks after I heard him say "I'm not going to mod this one"

Edit2: Actually, those wheels make the front look like it's lacking something :think:

Edit3: :doh: you're talking about the Anni, I'm on about the GTi :doh:

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise