New VZ2 245 2.0... with a few niggles

Dec 3, 2023
Had my new VZ2 2.0 245 for a few weeks... loving the car... coming from a 2015 Leon 1.4 150 manual it's a BIG upgrade! I went for Graphene Grey with the Beats Audio.

Couple of niggles so far, only 500 miles in:

Has anyone else had issues with signal from the key when locking / unlocking?? My old Leon seemed to work from half a mile away but the new car sometimes struggles from a few feet. Annoying when you've walked away and forgot to use the keyless to lock it. Tried a new battery incase in was a dud but its still temperamental...

Also had the airbag fault light come on yesterday... the dealer rang me about 30 minutes later saying they had a notification. But the earliest they can book it in for a diagnostic is 4th Jan... anyone else had the amber airbag light? It comes on every time I start the car now :(

Attachments

• 20231217_210255.jpg
    20231217_210255.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 20231217_210514.jpg
    20231217_210514.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 20231217_125410.jpg
    20231217_125410.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 121

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Had my new VZ2 2.0 245 for a few weeks... loving the car... coming from a 2015 Leon 1.4 150 manual it's a BIG upgrade! I went for Graphene Grey with the Beats Audio.

Has anyone else had issues with signal from the key when locking / unlocking?? My old Leon seemed to work from half a mile away but the new car sometimes struggles from a few feet. Annoying when you've walked away and forgot to use the keyless to lock it. Tried a new battery incase in was a dud but its still temperamental...

Also had the airbag fault light come on yesterday... the dealer rang me about 30 minutes later saying they had a notification. But the earliest they can book it in for a diagnostic is 4th Jan... anyone else had the amber airbag light? It comes on every time I start the car now :(
You must just be unlucky, I have had not had either faults in the 18 months of having the car.

AJV

Apr 21, 2023

Late to this, but I have the same issue with the remote unlocking (I have to be very close), and keyless entry. Too many times it's not unlocked that I've now given up as it's too frustrating having your arm yanked off when it hasn't worked. I haven't had the airbag issue.

Reactions: Lucas90
Dec 3, 2023
The airbag light got sorted but I've had to learn to live with the key issue...

The mechanic at the dealer agreed something wasn't right with the key signal but didn't know what or how to fix it.... when I complained to the service manger he said they tested the key and the signal was fine, totally contradicting his mechanic.

Complained to Cupra UK who said there was nothing they could do and to just go back to the dealer or try another dealer.

Meanwhile the key signal on the bog standard Arona I had as a loan car worked perfectly lol

Reactions: AJV

Solo

May 30, 2015
I have same issue with my key. I never use keyless function so always press the lock/unlock button and have to be virtually right next to the car for it to work.

Reactions: Lucas90 and AJV
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members