Newbie, Cupra R MK1 track day project

May 12, 2019
Hi Guys and Girls,
Just joined the forum as I have recently bought a 04 Leon Cupra R MK1 BAM 255 engine.

The car will eventually be going full track day spec (buckets, 4point cage, harnesses etc) but for now some mild mods including sticky tires, uprated pads and general maintance will be needed to get the car ready for some track days and a trip to the Green Hell.

Paint is a little worse for wear, lots of lacure peel on the bonnet but not going for cosmetics.
Completed a oil change today all is good so far, tires and breaks ordered.

It does need a new oil filler neck and cap if anyone knows part numbers, I can find the cap but struggling with the filler neck, and the dipstik funnel has snapped at the top so will need a new one of these.

My daily is a Audi A6 C7 Avant 3.0tdi Quattro and had other Audi's and a Skoda in the past so VAGs are my flavor, and not afraid to get my hands grubby working on my own cars.

Cheers
Jonny

Gokiwi64

Geriatric Member
Apr 26, 2014
Hockley, Essex
Replace the oil dipstick tube with an aluminium one - nothing more to break :)

The oil filler neck you don't need if not running the plastic engine cover.

May 12, 2019
Replace the oil dipstick tube with an aluminium one - nothing more to break :)

The oil filler neck you don't need if not running the plastic engine cover.
Good to Know, Will just need a filler cap then :) Cheap n easy fix Thanks

May 12, 2019
Hello and welcome to the forum. Have you tried euro car parts for the part numbers or even scrap yards? @Thai-wronghorse has alot of mk1 parts for sale. Pm him and ask
Hi, Tried ECP couldnt find anything obvious, managed to find a Dipstick funnel and as @Gokiwi64 said no need fo the neck so just need a new cap which are easy enough to find, but will keep @Thai-wronghorse in mind for anything else that comes up :) Thanks

Reactions: bigT's lcr
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members