Newbie from Ireland

Guy3657

Aug 6, 2023
Hi Everyone

My name is Benny. I'm from Hungary but live in Ireland. I'm currently an apprentice mechanic and love early 2000s SEAT.
I have seen this forum before but have never joined but honestly, I think this is the best time if ever to join as you'll see lower down.

My first car was and still is the black 2007 SEAT Altea XL with the screaming 1.4 16v BXW (it was sarcastic, calm down:ROFLMAO:) which I got for €500 euros about 4.5 years ago and for being the crappy engine, other then having piston slap since 70k km ago (I bought it like that), it hasn't gotten worse as I take care of it but I'm starting to hear lower end bearing noises so I figured it was the best time to pull the gun on a daily for my daily.

My second car, in which I think I might've scored one of the rarest barn finds when it comes to SEAT cars in Ireland, is a MK1 Seat Leon FR Topsport with the PD150 ARL in Yellow that I very recently found for a price I just couldn't resist, yall know how that goes:ROFLMAO:. I know there was a blue one in the country up until 2 weeks ago (yes the only one) but was wrapped around a tree so there isn't any left sadly.
This car has been parked up for 3 years (it is very clearly obvious) but it runs well and literlly everything works. (other then a burst boost pipe but thats a common issue and I have one on the way.

I am going to post a thread on the mk1 leon section as I have some questions so if anyone can help out, that would be awesome;)I just didn't think it was appropriate to post the questions here.

IMG_20220722_164105_271.jpg
20230608_204736.jpg
20230608_204801.jpg
20230729_183827.jpg
20230729_183823.jpg

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Hi Everyone

My name is Benny. I'm from Hungary but live in Ireland. I'm currently an apprentice mechanic and love early 2000s SEAT.
I have seen this forum before but have never joined but honestly, I think this is the best time if ever to join as you'll see lower down.

My first car was and still is the black 2007 SEAT Altea XL with the screaming 1.4 16v BXW (it was sarcastic, calm down:ROFLMAO:) which I got for €500 euros about 4.5 years ago and for being the crappy engine, other then having piston slap since 70k km ago (I bought it like that), it hasn't gotten worse as I take care of it but I'm starting to hear lower end bearing noises so I figured it was the best time to pull the gun on a daily for my daily.

My second car, in which I think I might've scored one of the rarest barn finds when it comes to SEAT cars in Ireland, is a MK1 Seat Leon FR Topsport with the PD150 ARL in Yellow that I very recently found for a price I just couldn't resist, yall know how that goes:ROFLMAO:. I know there was a blue one in the country up until 2 weeks ago (yes the only one) but was wrapped around a tree so there isn't any left sadly.
This car has been parked up for 3 years (it is very clearly obvious) but it runs well and literlly everything works. (other then a burst boost pipe but thats a common issue and I have one on the way.

I am going to post a thread on the mk1 leon section as I have some questions so if anyone can help out, that would be awesome;)I just didn't think it was appropriate to post the questions here.

View attachment 37786 View attachment 37787 View attachment 37788 View attachment 37790 View attachment 37789
Welcome to SCN, some great cars there you have, hope they keep you going for a while yet.

Reactions: Guy3657
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise