Newbie from the North East

cutes6

Oct 20, 2013
North East near Consett
Hi just wanted to say hello to you all, I have just acquired a 2003 210BHP LCR and so far I am very impressed with it even though it has covered 114,000 miles so far !

A bit of background - I have built and developed many cars in the past for things like Grass Track racing and Track days. My best mate has a very quick Mazda MX5 Turbo and we have just returned from our first trip to the Ring and Spa which was awesome.

So when we returned I decided that I would by something that I can use on the road but also for the odd track day in my own car not my mates. So for very little money I decided that the LCR was the one to go for.

My last fun car was a 1968 Mustang V8 which I completely rebuilt, boy did that turn heads and the noise !!!!! but only averaged 10 miles to the gallon so had to go.

Anyway that's enough waffling from me and I have no doubt I will be relying on your valuable expertise as time goes on.....

Last edited:

cutes6

Oct 20, 2013
North East near Consett
Hahahahah I had heard the yellow one's were faster but as I am a bit older I decided to go for a slow black one !!!!

It's in today for timing belt and water pump, oil service and bracket welding on middle box of exhaust, fingers crossed they don't find anything else.

cutes6

Oct 20, 2013
North East near Consett
Thanks for the messages,

I was very pleased that my car showed no faults found or stored on the reader today which is a relief as it is still an unknown quantity to me as I have had it such a short time and it has done 114,000 miles.

I have done the usual timing belt, water pump, oil and filter and spark plugs, changed the dog bone mount and both front drop links.

I also refitted an original stereo which I found on ebay and cleaned the cd changer so all is good

I have doen a 1,000 miles in it and I have to sat it puts a smile on my face every time I go out in it :D:D:D:D:D.

I need to find some 17" or 18" cheap alloys to clear the Brembo's and get some track rubber and give her a go on the track and see what happens, should be fun.

Last edited:

ajtobin2291

Don't suppose you mean 1968 mustang in hartlepool by any chance? That monster is superb if so!

cutes6

Oct 20, 2013
North East near Consett
Don't suppose you mean 1968 mustang in hartlepool by any chance? That monster is superb if so!

Hi there, no sorry that was not me, I lived in Harrogate North Yorks up until moving north a year ago and it was in Harrogate when I had it. It was sold to someone in London.

What a car it was - sounded awesome but only did around 10mpg :cry::cry: sorry to see it go though as I had completely rebut it over the 5 years I owned it.

There aren't many of these in the country and most are down south so very rare indeed up here.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise