Newbie in need of K1 advice (:

LYNCHASAURUS

Hi all, thought I'd join up even tho I don't own a seat yet but I'm looking at getting a mk2 Leon cupra, preferably a K1 and was just wondering if you would have any advice on what to look out for when buying 1, common faults, originality etc. Ideally I'd want 1 with nav but there proving to be a bit rare so was thinking of just buying 1 without and swapping over later on if possible?

if there is a facelift version and what's the difference?

Thanks a lot :)

Jun 27, 2012
Belfast
Hello, can't help as to 'what to look out for' but pre fl vs fl, facelift interior is different, wingmirrors are different, front bumper looks much better on fl 'IMO' rear is different. Hope this helps :)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yeh there is no FL K1

If you get the reg of a K1 you can ring SEAT UK Customer Services and they will be able to tell you if its an original SEAT UK K1, Dealer Fitted K1 or one somebody has made after

adildj82

Hi, I am looking for k1 too, would like to know which one is better fl cupra or cupra k1. Also what is the big difference between them? looking for some good suggestion. Thanks

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Facelift Cupra

What does the K1 have that the FL Cupra doesn't?

Aero/BTCC/K1/Supercopa bodykit
Centre exhaust
K1 Badges

What does the FL Cupra have that the K1 doesn't
Newer CDL engine (K1 has the BWJ, CDL is stronger)
White maxidot display along with different climate control panel
Ability to add LED rear lights (at a huge expense might i add)
Car is obviously going to be newer

Im sure there is some more smaller bits but I can't think right now

adildj82

Thanks m8...will look for fl cupra then.. am after candy white; hope i will find one soon.

adildj82

i just gave a deposit for '11 fl cupra ..will go Monday to pick it up. Would like to know few things...
1) It has done 67k most motorway miles but cambelt not changed yet; would like to know at what mileage it needs to be done usually as it is still under 4yrs( 2.5yrs old)?
2) The spare key for the car is just like normal key. is that ok? my previous car(audi) had both the remote locking keys.
3) Please suggest what all things i should look at before giving final amount?

Thanks in advance
DJ

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.