How to MIB2 update

Nov 27, 2023
Feel like an idiot for asking this but it’s not something I’ve tried before

I have a seat Leon fr 2016 plate. It has a navi system plus so the version with built in hard drive

looking to see if I should update the infotainment and what the advantages are. Info I can find from the system menu is below. It appears it can be updated by CD/USB or SD. So one of the former would be easiest as I don’t have a SD to hand

The software seems to have been last updated: 2020-06-23 12:27
  1. Current version MHI2_ER_SEG11_S2130 (0355)
  2. Part number 5F0035020Z
  3. Software version H25.14.70_HIGH2_EU
I don’t know if there are any updates and if there are how I go about doing that. Is there a simple step by step guide?

my nav system is currently broken, I have another thread about that so no idea if I can update the maps myself or if that’s a whole other issue

Nov 27, 2023
Okay so as I have the 0355 currently it would be the 0369? Is there any version changes anywhere to know what it’d give

can this be installed via usb rather than SD?

Although that said… I saw you can do something about mapcare too. That looks interesting (if I can ever get my sat nav back!) so might need an SD card anyway

the full link activation, that’s what has corrupted on mine? Does that restore apple care, voice control, sat nav etc etc?

I’m potentially building quite a shopping list! I need various bits of external hardware too? Or a day trip to you :unsure:

it’s disheartening that seat dealers know so little about the system! But maybe that’s a good thing as seems it’s led me to better options!

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members