newbie owner questions and advice

Degsy

Apr 5, 2010
Merseyside
Bought it, 2004 leon tdi cupra in red full dealer service history

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well took the leon for a drive , very smooth,pulls well, no clouds of smoke or funny smells relating to coil packs...
first deisel turbo car i will have owned and very suprised with the kick it has and the torque is impressive especially from a standard form car.

left deposit pick the car up on thursday....well impressed.

cant wait to get it to start cleaning and polishing then look to see how much of a bank balance iam going to need for what i have planned.

rear wiper upgrade, also think there is a front wiper upgrade? anyone help with that one?
sort airbox out with panel filter (believe how to on here somewhere)
exhaust ( whats best setup for average budget )
Map (researching this)
lowered (thinking standard dampers on lowering springs)
wheels (lots to choose from, your suggestions)
seen window blinds in here somewhere they look decent
also thinking of them wind deflectors unsure how they would look on a red car though as think they are black (your thoughts)
may debadge it front and back
also need tow bar to pull bike trailer think you can get detachable ones (best fit and prices needed). reading up i think its brink, weitter or seat mvg but all need bumper cut on LC.

Cheers guys, great site by the way

Anyway looking forward to Leon cupra ownership.

Later guys

D.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
2 screws in airbox... lift lid replace filter, rescrew in. 10 min job.
lowered on oem shock ok, if not too low, say 30mm and shocks with low mileage, wont improve handling though, just lower..as said if you can stretch to uprated matched shocks then i would, factor in new top mounts and bearings and 4 wheel alignment afterwards.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.