No heat from blowers

steve_1017

Apr 22, 2008
Checked all the obvious stuff, engine gets warm, thermostat works, fan kicks in, both pipes to/from matrix warm, pipes removed and matrix blown through to check for blockage and all ok, all dials etc in car work fine. So basically I'm at a loss, any ideas anyone? It's a 99 1.4s, 68k on the clock, had new thermostat and coolant beginning of 2012 and been running spot on, this just happened all of a sudden and for no apparent reason. :confused:

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
If it's like the Mk3 it'll have a flap that opens and shuts for the heat so although the matrix is hot the flap wont be opening to allow the air to flow through the matrix. The heater box is up behind the dash on the passenger side and into the centre, not sure exactly where it is or how you get to the flap though, following the heat control cable should lead you to it though.

steve_1017

Apr 22, 2008
Thermostat was knackered but that hasnt fixed the fault, some people have said the resistor may have packed up? Surely i'd have no blowers if this was case? All the fan speeds work, the direction adjuster works and there is a change in speed when flicking from hot to cold on the dials. I just have no heat!!!

Seatmann

Rough around the edges
Sep 16, 2010
Scotlanda
It'll be something to do with that heater flap, follow the cable back from the temp dial to find it. I don't know how awkward it'll be to deal with. Other option is the actual heat dial could be broken or the cable is kinked.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.