No Sound Through Speakers

CandyCupra

Back to black
Aug 20, 2007
Cricklade
Today when I started the car, I was greeted with a loud sound of static from the speakers. Since then I have not been able to receive any sound for radio, apple car play etc.

When I select music to play via apple car play, apple car play crashes and then restarts.

When I try to adjust the volume on the infotainment screen, it stays at the level and won't go up or down. When I use the steering wheel control, it goes up and down on the dash display but still no sign of volume.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Quite disappointing :( it is a 21 plate Cuppa Ateca with Comfort & Sound.

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
Cant say I’ve experienced something like it. Did you try to hard reset the infotainment system ?
You can usually do it by holding the power button for 10+ sec, until you see the boot logo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CandyCupra

Back to black
Aug 20, 2007
Cricklade
Hi @yanivkoval yes I have tried that. Additional info, when I am on the radio option, have selected settings -> sound and I am greeted with this:
“the sound settings will be made available again at the end of the phone call or announcement, or once you have finished parking.”
There is currently no phone connected.

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
This is very very strange, and may indicate that there is something wrong.
Maybe, Reset factory settings ?
If not, I guess it is a visit to the dealer

CandyCupra

Back to black
Aug 20, 2007
Cricklade
There is also audio when I select reverse and parking senses work as expected.

Attachments

• 76A33376-EA96-487A-BF6D-D6A51239DEF0.jpeg
    76A33376-EA96-487A-BF6D-D6A51239DEF0.jpeg
    922 KB · Views: 383

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
Parking sensors have dedicated small speakers at the front and the rear.

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
Hold the power button for 20 ish seconds to force a reboot of the infotainment system, I get this every few weeks, if that fails remove you phone if its an iPhone as I also had this with car play and just use Bluetooth

yanivkoval

Jul 20, 2017
The OP said he did that :)
On the other hand, the OP did not mention if he did factory reset.

Feb 10, 2022
I joined to answer this question to help others, it happened to me today.
Solution: hold the voice input button on your steering wheel. When you get the "what would you like me to do?" voice prompt, just say "cancel".
As soon as you do that the volume control works as normal.

I hope that helps someone, and when I forget how to do it, Google will be my friend :)

This works in my car, a 2022 Skoda Kodiaq, but the infotainment unit is used across several makes and models of vehicle.

Reactions: Terry99 and Tell
Jul 4, 2022
Hi there,

I've been experiencing the same problem intermittently. Recently though a restart or changing USB ports hasn't fixed the issue and it has become constant. I can't play any music through Android Auto or Apple Car Play anymore and I've noticed the system sounds also produce this heavily distorted static sound. I've tried everything, different phones, cables, firmware update, unplugging and reinserting the infotainment unit connections and nothing is resolving the issue.

The suggestions from GregF didn't work unfortunately and I'm wondering did OP get the issue resolved? If so would it be possible to share with me please?

Thanks for any help on this one...seems to be a tricky issue that not many people have experienced/ know how to resolve.

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
this is not the answer you are looking for, but the only way I fixed the multiple issues was to get shut of the car, it goes next week. Had this facelifted one for over a year and its got to the point, I am so pissed off with the issues and the dealers unable to fix, apart from leave your car with them all day to find out they cant find an issue. So had enough and its gone next week.

I hope you have better luck than me, I should have kept my original Cupra Ateca, everything in that worked, SatNav, MP3, etc. So much for the VAG MIB3 system, its the worst system I have ever had the pleasure of using. Wont be getting another one, which is a shame as I really like the brand.

Jul 4, 2022
Hi M4ppy,

Thanks for the reply, I'm very much thinking that if I can't resolve this issue then I'm moving away from Seat. Previously had an Ibiza that also ended up with issues on the infotainment system.

I've really enjoyed this car but the issues are becoming infuriating, I'm going to book in with the dealer to look at getting this resolved but I can't see myself looking at another Seat after this.

M4ppy

Jan 20, 2021
I am 2 days away from picking up the kona n, and only today had the dreaded sos failure and warning, had to park the car up for 30 mins to clear as the sos button wouldnt fix, the screen was stuck on loading and after a few hours cleared. I have reset and removed my profile and set the permissions to max, hopefully this keeps it cleared till after trade in day.
I love the ateca and the reason I had 2 of them. Had many copra’s and fr’s over the years but I can’t understand why vag can’t fix these issues, they are using customers as road testers, I get cars will have issues but why so many and across so many models. The formentor is a prime example, the forum is full of people having issues.
hope you get sorted before you lose faith in the car.

Tell

Staff member
That's the telematics connection box that needs software updating to stop the SOS issue. Going dark and fiddling with permissions were things that were suggested as fixes in the user community before Seat started to roll out the Telematic update... eg. the proper fix to the bug.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.