Noob (Yet to buy Seat😞)

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Hi just back from looking at a Cupra Formentor V1, got to say I'm very impressed with what I saw today, especially for what is regarded as "Entry level" regarding the Formentor model😬

Unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to actually purchase one until next year when I retire but after stumbling across the Formentor (Perusing YouTube) immediately had to actually see one...they're As rare as Hens teeth it seems.

Sadly I see quite a few negative comments on here around the "Infotainment" ( Which seems the norm across most car forums tbh, whatever the make) Apple car play issues, wireless charging issues, a few tech issues etc etc, is this the norm' or just bad experiences?

also whilst in the V1 today I noticed the LED ambient light on around the dash, however would I be right in thinking this would be more a welcome light, and that the V1 doesn't have the same ambient lighting and blind spot indication like more expensive models?

Any real world experiences of living with this car would be greatly appreciated as...even "Entry level"...is not a small cash outlay so I'm researching as much as I can, cheers and thanks for reading👍

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
Welcome to SCN, I too am a bit worried about the infotainment on the Cupra Leon 300, but still ordered one and now waiting for it to turn up. Go for it you are along time dead and at 66 I'm over halfway there.

Reactions: Doogle

Doogle

Ageing rocker🤟🏻🎸
Nov 25, 2021
Cumbria
Hi just back from looking at a Cupra Formentor V1, got to say I'm very impressed with what I saw today, especially for what is regarded as "Entry level" regarding the Formentor model😬

Unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to actually purchase one until next year when I retire but after stumbling across the Formentor (Perusing YouTube) immediately had to actually see one...they're As rare as Hens teeth it seems.

Sadly I see quite a few negative comments on here around the "Infotainment" ( Which seems the norm across most car forums tbh, whatever the make) Apple car play issues, wireless charging issues, a few tech issues etc etc, is this the norm' or just bad experiences?

also whilst in the V1 today I noticed the LED ambient light on around the dash, however would I be right in thinking this would be more a welcome light, and that the V1 doesn't have the same ambient lighting and blind spot indication like more expensive models?

Any real world experiences of living with this car would be greatly appreciated as...even "Entry level"...is not a small cash outlay so I'm researching as much as I can, cheers and thanks for reading👍
Just realised this would probably be better n the "General" section, apologies for this😞
First of all hello to everyone, as you may have already seen (If you've read the above post) I've yet to own a Cupra Formentor but am definitely working on this, especially after viewing one today.
I'm 61yrs young, retiring next year after 42yrs working on the Paper industry.
Hi and welcome.

I've just updated our resources section to the latest Formentor price brochure which should allow you to a comparison.

Cheers,

Scott
Cheers Syphon appreciate this👍🏻

Reactions: Syphon
Nov 20, 2021

Nov 20, 2021
I definitely could not recommend a SEAT. I am still having issues with my 2020FR ST. The infotainment system still turns itself off and on intermittently. It was last in the dealer on 17.11.21 with still no fix available. Spoke to Seat as well and all they said was they hoped a fix would be available by Xmas or early in the New Year. Spoke To Seat again last week and still no fix available from factory I am waiting on another update today from them. Obviously the ACC is too dangerous to have on once the Infotainment system has switched itself off and back on again as the speed oscillates and the car tries to brake hard.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.